SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car has been parked for a month or so, no issues in the past. Went to start the other day and it fired right up, but died after a few seconds. Figured it was just from being parked. Cranked for a while and it started and ran fine. Started up the rest of the day fine. Next morning, same issue. Fires right up, dies, crank crank crank... It will do this after it has sat for a while too. This morning, especially hard to start. It fired up and died a few times before I could get it going.

Plugs, wires, all that jazz is fairly new. Filled the tank with fresh gas. Going to pull plugs today and make sure they still look good, cap as well.

Where do I go from here, any ideas or suggestions of what my issue may be? Thanks guys!

·
Registered
158 Posts
I feel your pain. Intermittent hard starts, dunno what the issue it. I changed the fuel filter with some improvement, still happens though. At this point, I wonder if it makes sense to throw parts at it or just let it ride.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tried starting it this morn with my foot on the gas. Fired right up and revved high before shutting off. I don't think it's a fuel issue

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
So it starts and runs but won't idle? And then it won't start at all, just cranks indefinitely

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17,319 Posts
Don't think they had it on the 98's.
very late 98 did. if your keys are black, no immobilizer. if grey rubber, you have it.

check your idle air control

1 - 10 of 10 Posts