SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, last October I bought a XC60 T6 AWD R-Design and lately I've been having a lot of trouble with my power steering going out at random and coming back on at random. It never fails while I'm driving but it will when I go from a cold start or even when I go to the grocery store, I'll get out and park for 30 or so minutes and I'll get back in and it'll be gone. The real weird part is that after another 15 or 20 minutes it will come back if I turn off and re-start the car. Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Very interested in this too. Thought I was crazy but over the summer I had a couple of times I felt like I lost power steering when taking off from a stop. Would come back within a few seconds so unable to have the dealer find anything.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Maybe I am missing something, but I would not screw with it. It is a new car so take it to the dealer.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Air in the hydraulics ? But I agree with @reward2, take it to the dealer and have them fix it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry I should have clarified, it's a 2011. It has 101k on the clock. I have scheduled an appointment with the dealer, but they're booked for a couple of weeks. I read something about a recall on the Power Steering, just seeing if anyone else had the same issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts