SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just talked to my service tech pulling codes from my car. To bring you up to speed the wipers will turn on at random and are unable to be turned off. They pulled codes but there were over 50, and said they spanned all modules. So without spending days going through each code they said they'll clear them all, and as soon as it happens again to bring it back in and they can better narrow it down. I guess I don't have a question necessarily, but just venting. This is the suck.:thumbdown:

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
That's too bad. I would have had them go through them all and check out for major codes. Obviously you have an issue. Just waiting for it to happen again isn't great because it concerns your safety and other factors. Hopefully it'll happen to you at a good time and you can get it resolved asap. Good luck and reach out if you need any help.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, but that also would've meant racking up labor hours. So maybe I'll get lucky and it will happen right as I start the car up when I pick it up tonight.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wipers were normal all last night after pickup of car. They went crazy on the way to work this morning. Fun is having a 20 minute commute with your wipers going full blast on a cool dry morning. Lot's of squeaks and streaking. Lot's of looks from other drivers. And eventually they started to struggle and started going slower. I'm sure the resistance of the dry windshield did wonders for the wiper motors for that period.:facepalm:

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Diagnosis now is that the wiper motor and control module need replaced. They aren't 100% sure, but say there was water sitting around the wiper control module and it appeared there could be corrosion. $921.13 after labor. If this doesn't fix the electrical gremlins for good this thing will be up for sale.:rolleyes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts