SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Some time ago I had a blower motor that was intermittent and the problem has come back again. Back then it seemed to be fixed by just fiddling around with the connector, which I have just done again and maybe it'll work for a while without going outside to raise and drop the hood to turn it on.

My question is, where does the connector inside the rubber boot of the fan assembly go to? Is there some sort of rheostat or resistance unit in there?

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
Fan speed as directed by the CCM (3/112- A:2 and A:3) to a solid state controller (4/31), some folks refer to it as the resistor module- PN 8693262). Provides power to the fan (6/28)- PN 31320393.

Not following the rubber boot connector thing, but it's been a while since I pulled a fan assembly. Maybe include a photo of what you're referring to?

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, after looking at pictures of the blower motor control module/resistor, it looks like the wiring harness connector from the car plugs into that. It seems I just have a bad connection between the two. I'll start by trying to cut a connector with pigtails from a junkyard car, and try to teach the wife not to run it on high all the time.

I have had the motor assembly out the first time this problem came up so it will be much easier next time should it have to come out again. It's funny though how one forgets from one job to the next.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Code CCM-00A1 Blower Fan Motor signal too high/signal missing. Anybody know what can cause this?

BTW I did try a different fan/relay combo from a 2004 and it worked on the connector before installing. I then yanked out the original, installed the older one, and spliced in the connector from the 2004. Then it did not work. I will cut out and re-do the connector although I don't know if that will help because I have checked for continuity from one side to the other of the black and red #12's and the yellow and blue #18's.

It also has code CEM9C03 Antenna light ring signal missing, whatever that means.

Also, I can't find the links on laptop requirements to run Vida. The screen broke on the one I had it on. I think I'll advertise on Kijiji for one with the Windows 7.

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
Swap blower and controller, see which one's broken.

CEM is the bulb on the illuminated ring around the ignition lock assembly. PN 30739357.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Hallelujah. I guess when I cut through the wire bundle I blew the 30A fuse for the blower motor. Now I will have motor/resistor assy and connector coupling from the other car and hopefully intermittent problem is gone. I've re-wired it with slip on connectors so can swap the coupling back and forth.

Thanks ggleavitt for the bulb number.

I also notice the headlight bulb flickering on the left side. I think that one is an original.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts