SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Interior ceiling trim removal for leaking sunroof

I am having an ongoing issue with my 2005 V50 with a leaking sunroof drainage system. I have managed to get it to drain OK but it still leaks. I have traced the leak to where the sunroof drain connects to the drainage tube at the top of the front right pillar. <p>The problem is I can't access it without taking the whole interior trim from the ceiling/roof. Does anyone have any experience with this? Is it a complex operation? I took the trim from the pillar as per this post for an other volvo model <A HREF="http://forums.swedespeed.com/" TARGET="_blank">http://forums.swedespeed.com/ zerothread?id=102526</A> and it was easy but as i said i couldn't get access to the point the top tube connects to the sunroof. Any one have any ideas? <p>I did a search for a similar post but couldn't find one but if a similar posting exists please can you direct me to it.<p>thanks in advance<BR><BR>
<i>Modified by billyjazz at 3:14 PM 4-5-2009</i>

·
Super Moderator
9,305 Posts
Re: Interior ceiling trim removal for leaking sunroof (billyjazz)

It's not difficult to drop the headliner. You need to remove the grab handle above the door, and the visor, which are simple once you pop open the little plastic doors over the screws. Use a plastic tool to avoid scratching. Then, pull back the trim immediately above the door opening and the headliner will drop down enough to see what's above it. Nothing holds it at the front, by the windshield.<p>Removing the entire headliner is a different story, but it sounds like you just need to get to the front corner.<p>You might need to remove the A-pillar trim, which basically just pulls off straight in toward the center of the car, parallel to the windshield. It snaps back the same way.<p>Be careful of the side curtain airbag, which is right there at the corner. It's rolled just so, and clipped loosely. Don't pinch it when reinstalling the A-pillar trim!<p>Tom.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Interior ceiling trim removal for leaking sunroof (tmtalpey)

that sounds like just the advice I needed. Thank you. I'll let you know how I get on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts