SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,<br>I'm new to this forum, my name is Jody. I want to have the interior of my '78 242 DL restored. The car is in gret shape, but the interior needs some help. I haven't found anyone in the Pittsburgh, PA area who is willing or capable of doing this. I did find CalSwedish in Sacramento, they are willing to do it, but with the shipping costs so high, I'd like to find a closer person. CalSwedish seems very capable, and they do other mechanical work, but it would be nice to find a more local shop.<p>Does anyone have any recommendations for a good interior restoration person, or shop? Anywhere on the east coast would be good, but I'm looking for any suggestions or references.<p>This car has been in my family since it was new, and I want to get it looking nice. It's got 328,000 miles, and still going strong.<p>Thank you!<br>Jody<br>Pittsburgh, PA<p>

·
Registered
636 Posts
Have you shopped IPD and seen if they have a kit that you can do it your self? I seem to remember they had seat covers, new foam and seat web/lumbar supports for not that expencive. Check them out! <p>( I do know you want to have it done though )

·
Premium Member
19,953 Posts
Re: (DVolvoguy777)

Jody;<p>How much restoration?<p>Do you plan to replace the carpets/underlayment?<p>Repair any floor rust?<p>New headliner?<p>Door panels?<p>Dash? Console?<p>Remove, rebuild and re-cover all seats?<p>Repaint visible steel? Replace plastic parts?<p>You are looking at big $$$ if you farm out all parts and labor.<p>Let us know what you envision as the final product (show car, daily-driver, etc.) and your maximum $$$ as this could decide how and where you do the fix.<p>George Dill<p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts