SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
55,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was attempting to rewire the rear dome lights to get the LEDs to work and I think I tripped a fuse. The fuse under the hood (#15) is fine - is there another fuse located in the interior?

I had the wires swapped and the LED was working but in reverse. The LED was off with the door open but lit up when the front dome lights dimmed down. :facepalm:

I swapped the wires back to stock and the light is out. :(

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
looks like 7 & 8 feed courtesy lights to me
Those are the larger, high current fuses in the "A" fuse box. It would take a pretty
hard short to blow one of those. I would suspect the smaller fuses are more likely.

Any other issues, Chris? Locks, lights, etc. ?

·
Administrator
55,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Front map lights are good.

Fuse 6 is central locking
Fuse 7 is radio/amp
Fuse 8 is light switch/ immobilizer

according to the label. All the fuses look solid.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Fuse 7 in the Main Fuse box ("A" - BIG fuses ) provides constant battery power to fuse 15
in the distribution fuse box ("C" - small fuses ). If both of those fuses are OK,
then the map lights will work.

If the map lights work, there should be 12 volts available at the rear seat reading lights.
The switches on those lights should select and provide a ground to the lamp from either a
controlled output from the cental locking module or a constant ground that will turn them
on any time. Check all three connections to be sure that they all do the right things.

Download the full diagrams and refer to the
interior lighting diagrams listed in section 35.
The full diagrams are available from MVS:

http://www.matthewsvolvosite.com/volvo-wiring-diagrams

1 - 6 of 6 Posts