SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 2001 Volvo s60 and am pretty darn happy so far, with one exception. The interior seems to produce quite a few misc. rattles. I have noticed them coming from the vents that are located between the doors going to the rear passenger area. I have also notice them from the glove box area, and overhead from the sunroof. Am I being to sensitive, or has anyone else noticed this. Comments and suggestions are welcome.

Thanks!!!

·
Super Moderator
14,838 Posts
hm...i had a 2001 t5 and while i never experienced the rattles in the door area, i had the loose glovebox rattle...which we ALL have had. if you do a search, some people have mentioned several fixes for this.

as far as the sunroof, i have had this one too. if you tilt the sunroof up, NOT BACK, you can see an accordion-style shrowding. if you pop it off (both sides of the sunroof) you can see the bolts that have come loose. i forget what size they are, but its a real easy fix.

good luck http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Re: Interior Rattles and Creaks-2001 Volvo S60 (coloradohusker)

A piece of dense foam taped to the right side of the glovebox when open should shim it pretty well and get rid of that rattle.

The sunroof could be the bolts, or it could be that it's not sitting in the track right and needs new bellows. That's something I think is best left to the dealer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts