SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, technicians

I am preparing to refurbish my interior overhead of my 740GL and got a hold of WOMI professional bonding/sealing spray.The can says that I need to spray only one side and add the surfaces together as the glue is still wet for porous materials and spray both sides and leave it for 20 mins and then stick it together for non porous materials. Pretty self explanatory. I have downloaded an IPD instruction www.iopsusa.com where it states to use the spray glue directions and also to spray as many cotas as nessecary and wait for the recommeded time. This confusues me. Since the overhead has a foam back I consider it porous.
Question: Do I spray the glue just to one side and put the foam on while the glue is wet or not? And is it preferable to glue the liner or the foam overhead?
TIA

Beer van Huet

·
Super Moderator
2,989 Posts
I sprayed both surfaces with the headliner adhesive and waited for the recommended time before pressing them together. If you do it while it's still wet, the glue will seep through the liner sponge and appear on the cloth surface. And to top that off, it'll appear lumpy.

·
Registered
313 Posts
^^^^What he said.

Spray the clue on in a couple passes. Dont lay it on thick all at once so you get big globs in some areas. And do it where you have lots of room to work and not a lot of dust to kick around.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Hope it all goes well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts