SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, apparently on some wagons there is a little module behind the sunroof that gives an input to your alarm through the sunroof wiring.

My wagon has a big very specifically shaped hole in that spot, it is almost the same shape as the speaker in the front dash grille.
It also has a button right next to the STC button that looks like a wifi hotspot coming out of the roof. From the manual, I gather that this is an advanced movement sensor that will set the siren off more sensitively than most of them sold.

I cannot find this part for the life of me. What is this hole, and why does it look like it was punched out? I'll attach a picture on request, but I posted it on "what did you do to your wagon today"? A few posts back and haven't seen anything.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Picture of said hole?

That being said; That button is for when you lock the car with a dog or kids in the back. They can move around without setting off the alarm. Basically turns off the motion sensor while keeping the rest of the alarm system active.

Side note: I mentioned that to my parents and they instantly regretting not using it when we were younger.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Picture of said hole?

That being said; That button is for when you lock the car with a dog or kids in the back. They can move around without setting off the alarm. Basically turns off the motion sensor while keeping the rest of the alarm system active.

Side note: I mentioned that to my parents and they instantly regretting not using it when we were younger.
Sure would, what you thinking vinyl wrap?

Also there’s this weird perfectly shaped hole behind my sunroof, is this a part I can buy/replace?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
up there

·
Registered
289 Posts
Yep, there is just a flat cover on my car. Check out some Wagons in some scrap yards or even Volvo should still carry it.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Yep, there is just a flat cover on my car. Check out some Wagons in some scrap yards or even Volvo should still carry it.
I'd like to steer clear of Volvo, they charge fortunes for parts. But I did look up the part # and can't find a thing. This looks like an early option, this is the first year they made the (p2 v70) car and it was an earlier output.

All else fails, I take it to volvo for their 100 point inspection or whatever. But, the Serafini Nissan/Volvo here doesn't have a great rep by my standards...

Anyway, thanks for the input.

·
Registered
289 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1 - 7 of 7 Posts