SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im in the process of changing all the interior lamps to led,s but I seem to have hit a snag. I've managed to cannabilise the twist lock bulbs in the front interior light cluster by pulling out the W5W bulb and pushing in a wedge LED. The map reading lamps work ok, but the two courtesy lights don't. One still glows very dim when the doors are closed, and the other won't work at all. I've swapped them round and can confirm both are serviceable. The LEDs I'm using are non canbus, do I need canbus ones even though the interior lamps are not monitored by the bulb failure circuit?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, Read that thread before I posted - it is a very helpful post, but unfortunately doesnt answer my problem. I have ordered a pair of CANBUS LED's so will see how they fair.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, fitted Canbus LED,s and finally all the front interior lights work. However when the switch is at the courtesy light position, and the doors are closed, the front and rear courtesy lights do not extinguish fully and glow slightly. They will extinguish if you switch them off though using the switch in the centre overhead console. There is obviously a discreet voltage coming from somewhere. Anyone else experienced this?

·
Super Moderator
15,179 Posts
Ok, fitted Canbus LED,s and finally all the front interior lights work. However when the switch is at the courtesy light position, and the doors are closed, the front and rear courtesy lights do not extinguish fully and glow slightly. They will extinguish if you switch them off though using the switch in the centre overhead console. There is obviously a discreet voltage coming from somewhere. Anyone else experienced this?
You'll get that with LEDs because they require so little power to be on. A few people from benzworld even had LEDs on at all times because they consumed less power than the car's clock.

Given a long enough period of time, your lights will shut completely off. But there's no concern for the LEDs to drain you battery; it's simply an effect of retrofitting LED bulbs in our cars.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts