SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During recent heavy rains, my 2013 C30 started leaking through the driver's side accessory (coat hook) slot, dripping water onto the rear seat and soaking the headliner. Now, a second leak has developed, this one where the A-pillar trim piece meets the headliner.

Took the car into the dealer. Service advisor noted the water-stained headliner and suspects a faulty windshield installation, plugged drainage tubing or a leaking sunroof. When I told him I never open the sunroof, service writer said the drainage tubes can become plugged even if the sunroof is never used.

Warranty repair appointment in two weeks.

·
Super Moderator
15,186 Posts
Clogged sunroof drains are very common in all Volvos. Doesn't matter if you never open the sunroof, there's still a small gap for water to get in and that can often bring dirt.

Check the S40/V50 section for tips on DIY and drain cleaning. Though, since you're under warranty, I guess you don't have to worry about that. :D

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Clogged sunroof drains are very common in all Volvos. Doesn't matter if you never open the sunroof, there's still a small gap for water to get in and that can often bring dirt.

Check the S40/V50 section for tips on DIY and drain cleaning. Though, since you're under warranty, I guess you don't have to worry about that. :D
Thanks. I thought it might be clogged or detached drain tubing too. But carpets remain dry. I'm thinking faulty windshield installation.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sunroof drains on my 2013 C30 were clear. The problem was with the windshield. Sealant is deteriorating along the top upper edge, separating from the glass and body.

Water was leaking from the windshield, onto the headliner, then traveling towards the rear, dripping out of the accessory (coat hook) slot onto the rear seat. Water was also leaking where the A-pillar trim meets the headliner.

Dealer ordered a new windshield. No word on whether VCNA will approve replacement of the water-stained headliner.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update. Dealer had the backordered windshield on my 2013 C30 installed by a local glass shop. Windshield was replaced under warranty but the water-stained headliner was not. Replacement windshield has the same markings as the defective original -- "Volvo Fuyao Group 43R-001793 China."

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update. Dealer replaced the leaking windshield on my 2013 C30 under warranty. Volvo will not authorize replacement of the water-stained headliner. The dealer confirmed that they "will not hold me responsible for the damaged headliner when the lease expires early next year."

1 - 6 of 6 Posts