SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious how easy or difficult removing the interior door hear handle is for the front doors. Do they come off by themselves, are they screwed onto the door panel from the back side, must the door panel be removed to remove the grab handles? The other day I scored a pair of black leather with blue stitching R handles on eBay for $50 total!! Just trying to gauge the time and difficulty that will be required to swap them out...

Sent from my Huawei Mate 9 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
I think your handle is a slightly different design than my '05 cars but should be the same process. The handle is two pieces, like a clam shell. Use a plastic trim tool to pry off the top piece which once removed will exposed two torx screws to remove the bottom piece that is screwed into the door panel from the outside. No need to remove the door panel, simple.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think your handle is a slightly different design than my '05 cars but should be the same process. The handle is two pieces, like a clam shell. Use a plastic trim tool to pry off the top piece which once removed will exposed two torx screws to remove the bottom piece that is screwed into the door panel from the outside. No need to remove the door panel, simple.
Great, thanks!! Yes, mine has seams on the side that make it appears to be 2 pieced like you describe. I guess having it as just a simple pull off piece wouldn't make sense because the thing would always be pulling right off, LOL.

Sent from my Huawei Mate 9 using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts