SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Interior color codes question

5K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Phixion 
#1 · (Edited)
I've found a full 3-piece set of front drivers side sport leather seat covers that's from a MY07 T5 in color code AA81... Mine is a MY04 2.5T which has the premium and sport packages that includes the sport seats. My interior color code is 9A81... What exactly is the difference as from what I can find both codes translate to light taupe. I read somewhere that AA means T5 interior... Maybe the 81 is the actual color number? I'd hate to buy these much needed seat cover if it's not going to be the right color. Interiors were basically 3-4 different colors and styles ranging from dark to light like mine and cloth to leather and nordkap. I also see oak/arena referenced places and wasn't sure if that's my color either... Help?? I've attached what's basically my interior color for reference...

Sent from my Huawei Mate 9 using Tapatalk

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks Rick! Unfortunately being a private seller and these being seat skins pulled directly from a junked car, no samples are to be had. I'll have to shoot them a message to see if they know if the 2 numbers equate to the same color... The only other 2 colors are sand 9A51 and the graphite or dark interior, 9A70 that I see... That seems to apply throughout most if not all model years as the sport interior color codes...

#4 ·
In chatting with the seller, the sale is for 2007 leather seat skins from a T5 which means it's the sport seats just like I have, but evidently the face lift year seats are different from the pre-facelift seats and thus won't work. Seller has ones for my year however in the same color. The color AA81 should be the same as my 9A81... Not sure why different codes for the same thing...

#5 ·
The first digit of the color code specifies the original vehicle. In this particular case A= V70, and 9= S60. Second digit is seat type, A for leather sport seats, 9 for standard leathers seats, then a bunch for the cloth seats. The last two digits are the interior color itself.

#6 ·
Awesome, thanks for that lesson on it!! [emoji106]
Vehicle type doesn't matter, right?? Are the MY04 seats different from the MY05 do you know?

#7 ·
Between a P2 S60 and P2 V70 you should be fine if they are sport seats, but you do gotta stick to the 2001-2004 variety.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.