SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if this topic has been covered yet, if so I do apologize - don't shoot (pretty please). I was wondering what colour you guys prefer on the interior of your cars? With my current car I opted for the black leather, but the new one will have Calcite (spelling???).

I personnaly found the black too 'intense'... Your opinions please...

·
Registered
217 Posts
Re: Interior colo(u)r? (ciden)

personally, i find black interior giving more sport+luxury feel.
light color interior looks clean, but it loses the aggressiveness
if i had the s80 or xc90, i'd go for light leather, but for the s40 or s60, i'd go for black.

·
Registered
323 Posts
i had the off black leather int he 1.8 but now i have lava grey leather in the 2.4
i have pics of the off leather if you need (learnt the hardway when no one seemed to have pics of the interior!) but not totally black

as for the other one, never heard of it

·
Registered
230 Posts
Re: Interior colo(u)r? (ciden)

Definitely Black - specially if yuo have kid(s)
)) My friend got his V50 with beige. His textile floor carpet got as dirty as it can be in less than 2 months. In the end he bought black floor carpet. It looks kinda nice, this beige interior with black floor carpet

I have black

·
Registered
323 Posts
i actually would love to have beige
someone get beige and we can do a swap... i even have the booster seats (family pack) that i'll never need (i'm only 21! )

·
Registered
343 Posts
Re: (Akash)

I'd say go with black (and dark carpet incl., beige gets the light carpet) if keeping tip top clean is an issue, but if you don't have the messy, child, dog and/or boyfriend then beige will do.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I've got the beige leather and with the silver car it looks awsome!! not to mention how much cooler the seats will be in the summer.
-Jason

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Re: (Volvo_girl)

Quote, originally posted by Volvo_girl »
... but if you don't have the messy, child, dog and/or boyfriend then beige will do.

On behalf of my gender, I'm not sure whether I resent being lumped on with dogs or children more!

·
Premium Member
9,305 Posts
Re: (LT_T45)

One issue with the black interior I have noticed is the top of the door gets somewhat messy. The texture on the exposed surface picks up lint, dirt and dust, and it can really get dirty. The beige shows nothing of this.

I have beige leather, kids and dog, and the car stays pretty clean http://********************/smile/emthup.gif .

Tom.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Re: (tmtalpey)

Being an auto upholstery shop owner, I must say, I LOVE a tan/beige interior in a car. This is the interior I put together in my 76 2002 a couple years back.

That said, when it comes to daily drivers, I will take a black, or dark grey interior any day. My 533i was pearl beige, and looked awful. I got the graphite leather in my V50.

Al

·
Registered
677 Posts
Re: (Al Canuck)

I have had both beige and black and must admit i find the beige interiors to be the best.

·
Registered
28 Posts
just my quick 2 cetnts for your question, i really believe matching the ext. color and your int. color. I have silver with black int. color and it look great, i wouldn't said balck int. is good for any ext. color.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Got to be a black interior for me. My last car was completely back inside - black headlining and pillar trims.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts