SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any suggestions cleaing the inside of the car, specifically the headliner near the moon roof? We bought a 2005 S40 and the headliner is the light gray/tan with some stains and I want to get rid of them! As well, the pillar in front of the passenger has a stain and I was wondering if the material is plastic or cloth? Feels like cloth but I'm not sure. Thanks

·
Registered
8,273 Posts
I would go out and buy some Purple power..... make sure you read the dilution rates though... and be very carfeul with the headliner since it can be torn easily, I would NOT reccomend the use of a hard bristled brush.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Interior Cleaning (matmacwc)

Thanks!! Moving to San Antonio in a few months, wife is excited to be leaving Sumter, SC.......

·
Registered
179 Posts

I use a product called "Afta" wich is an excellent profession spot remover. It is not water based so you don't have to worry about water spots. Trust me, this is the product you want to use. Most dealerships use it. You can buy it in most home improvement stores such as Home Depot. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
63,543 Posts

Soap and water first on the headliner. If that doesn't work there are a lot of light automotive solvents that work just fine.
If the posts are vinyl anything will work especially those solvents

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.