SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came across this on the web. A lot of interesting things done to it!

See the full article here.

Where does the intake go?

Maybe down here?

I've never seen an FMIC opening grille with four x-axis grates. It looks bigger.

Nice wheels and brakes

Nice spoiler too, I don't think it's an Elevate spoiler.

Sorry if someone has shared this car before. I never saw any pics of it until today.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
I think I saw this car before. Wasn't it an S40 "R" prototype?
Stan

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
That's the OEM Euro lip spoiler (the one I based my carbon fiber design off of, but mine covers up the nasty holes left from the OEM wing spoiler).

Not sure if I've seen this particular car before, but I know Jason (Sanatarium) had done a similar intake mod on his red S40.

·
Super Moderator
15,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wasn't it an S40 "R" prototype?
It may have been.

That's the OEM Euro lip spoiler (the one I based my carbon fiber design off of, but mine covers up the nasty holes left from the OEM wing spoiler).

Not sure if I've seen this particular car before, but I know Jason (Sanatarium) had done a similar intake mod on his red S40.
It's too bad the US cars never got the option of a nice looking spoiler. I still would have gone with the OEM "wing," but having more options would have been nice.

That's right! He did do something similar... What ever happened to Jason? Last I remember was he got his R-design and then he kind of fizzled out. I rarely see his posts anymore, maybe once every two months?

·
Registered
9,114 Posts
I've seen this before, and definitely has some interesting mods such as all the R components. Would definitely like to see how they fudged the R turbo on it but seems like more work than just doing the K16 now that its available.

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Yo, you rang?
Yeah I believe that is the inlet for the air filter, that goes to filter box, and on to the turbo via the drivers side of the engine bay somewhere. Note that there is no 'over the engine' pipe as you would see on the stock T5

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Yo, you rang?
Yeah I believe that is the inlet for the air filter, that goes to filter box, and on to the turbo via the drivers side of the engine bay somewhere. Note that there is no 'over the engine' pipe as you would see on the stock T5
He lives! Hope all is well, bro!

Still have both S40s?

·
Registered
3,760 Posts

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Congrats! :)

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Yeah, just been working like crazy at the new job since graduating!
Hey sanatarium.
super clean looking 40's! it's funny to see the two in the same pic as the silver looks so much monster truck gap.
i take it the '09 is on stock suspension and the '07 is coilovers?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts