SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

At SEMA last week we talked to P3Cars, a vendor providing high quality vent integrated digital boost gauge units, about the possibility of releasing a kit for the Volvo community! Their digital gauges have the capability of displaying many vehicle diagnostics features such as:

- Boost/Vacuum
- Intake Air Temperature
- Coolant Temperature
- Exhaust Gas Temperature
- Ignition Timing
- Digital Tachometer
- Speedometer
- Battery Voltage
- Throttle Position (%)
- Configurable Shift light
- 0-60 Timer
- OBDII Code Read/Clear

P3Cars have been developing kits for our other customers (Audi, BMW, VW) with great success and customer reviews, and we feel the Volvo tuning scene has really grown and should be looked at a potential market as well for them! On average, for around $229 USD you receive the kit which reads the Boost, and for around $389 on average you will get the full monty as listed above! For an extra charge, P3 also gives the option of them mounting the unit in an OEM vent for you as well as several other options. Install is a simple 5-10 minute job requiring no cutting, very clean finish, and all units are made in the USA custom to each application :)

Not sure which models to try first (S60/V70 or C30/S40/V50), so we are posting this to see everyone's response and then coordinate with P3 accordingly. Check out some of their existing offerings, and here are several customer reviews:

Extremely detailed (w/pics) write up on installation and review:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...Review-and-Recommendations-MK6-Golf-R-GTI-TDI

In-action:

Let us know what you think!

Cheers,

Humza

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
It looks great and very functional but not for the price. Just IMO.

"Embody god... Then go crazy"

·
Banned
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It looks great and very functional but not for the price. Just IMO.

"Embody god... Then go crazy"
Definitely for the enthusiast looking for the +1 product. If there's sufficient interest, we can talk to P3 about a group buy :)

·
Registered
513 Posts
P3 did good stuff for the Audi community, so take that FWIW.

Certainly not my cup o'tea.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Definately seems like a nifty device.

Unfortunately, I would never go for it aestheticly. I sort of cringe at the idea of jamming something into your vents, however, they did do a decent job at making it seem 'somewhat' stock

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I think you could mount it anywhere you can route the cables, not just the vent. Very cool device, and I want one, but not for nearly 400 bucks.

Seeing this just motivated me to look into Arduino-based OBD readers...seems there's an existing kit, you just need some programming knowledge.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts