SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

Banned
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

At SEMA last week we talked to P3Cars, a vendor providing high quality vent integrated digital boost gauge units, about the possibility of releasing a kit for the Volvo community! Their digital gauges have the capability of displaying many vehicle diagnostics features such as:

- Boost/Vacuum
- Intake Air Temperature
- Coolant Temperature
- Exhaust Gas Temperature
- Ignition Timing
- Digital Tachometer
- Speedometer
- Battery Voltage
- Throttle Position (%)
- Configurable Shift light
- 0-60 Timer
- OBDII Code Read/Clear

P3Cars have been developing kits for our other customers (Audi, BMW, VW) with great success and customer reviews, and we feel the Volvo tuning scene has really grown and should be looked at a potential market as well for them! On average, for around $229 USD you receive the kit which reads the Boost, and for around $389 on average you will get the full monty as listed above! For an extra charge, P3 also gives the option of them mounting the unit in an OEM vent for you as well as several other options. Install is a simple 5-10 minute job requiring no cutting, very clean finish, and all units are made in the USA custom to each application :)

Not sure which models to try first (S60/V70 or C30/S40/V50), so we are posting this to see everyone's response and then coordinate with P3 accordingly. Check out some of their existing offerings, and here are several customer reviews:

Extremely detailed (w/pics) write up on installation and review:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...Review-and-Recommendations-MK6-Golf-R-GTI-TDI

In-action:

Let us know what you think!

Cheers,

Humza

Registered
id be interested if there was a group buy :), although, to put it in the center vent, under the 4c buttons

Banned
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
id be interested if there was a group buy :), although, to put it in the center vent, under the 4c buttons
Center vent becomes a bit challenging because of the longer length of wiring needed for not only the OBD2, but also the optional analog boost sensor, and light dimming feature which you can control from the panel below the vent.

Not impossible, just added cost and complexity. If most are in favor of that route, we'll talk to P3 about it :)

Registered
I just installed one on my brother 335i, it's pretty cool. I'm interested for sure!

Registered
I need to know how much boost I have and this looks easy enough to install. I am definitely interested.

Registered
I would be interested, this would look a lot better than the scan gauge that I currently have stuck to the steering column.

Would this plug into the OBDII port?

Registered
As long as it's a bar graph and not a dial or numbers. Also should have a blue or green backlight (green would match HU display) also it would be nice if it was in the center vent or in the 4C button bezel. Lots of wasted space there. Will it be ECM boost or pressure transducer boost? Direct access from upper vent/bezel to obdii port.

Registered
I would be interested, this would look a lot better than the scan gauge that I currently have stuck to the steering column.

Serious I have my Scan Gauge 2 hot glued to the top of steering colum and it looks like crap.

In my younger years I would just fiberglass a mount up, but these days I try to limit huge projects like that as I will never finish them.

Registered
Definitely interested. Love the 0-60 timer and the Configurable shift light features as well as the AIT. Sign me up :D

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Banned
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Yes, it all starts with plugging the wiring into the OBD2 and running it back to the control box which sits easily inside the fuse panel. For basic function, the unit can run off the OBD2 wire, and other wires are included as option.

P3 has a great install guide and description of what their gauges do: http://www.p3cars.com/install/
*Scroll 60% down the page to Operation Details for a full description on every feature and function*

As long as it's a bar graph and not a dial or numbers. Also should have a blue or green backlight (green would match HU display) also it would be nice if it was in the center vent or in the 4C button bezel. Lots of wasted space there. Will it be ECM boost or pressure transducer boost? Direct access from upper vent/bezel to obdii port.
Scroll to the 1:50 mark on the first video and you'll see it displays both a bar graph and numbers ;) Red is the standard, but P3 should be able to offer an "R model" gauge with the blue backlight just as they do for the MK6 and MK7 Golf R! Here's a picture from the very well written write-up I put in my original post, and you can see just how close a match that is! It is ECM boost but if you opt for the Analog Boost Sensor for a little extra charge you will get the latter.

Registered
I was actually thinking of buying a kit from these guys... But then I got sidetracked lol. I'm still gonna say center vent is better there's access to the fusebox and OBDII port through the HU compartment and under the steering wheel. Do they only have segmented displays? Because an LED matrix panel would be nicer.

Registered
Perhaps I'm nuts, but it's prefer anything digitally displayed to be displayed above the gauge pod, just below, or in HID form on the windshield. Ok that's a lot to ask, but while we're asking ;-)

Banned
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Perhaps I'm nuts, but it's prefer anything digitally displayed to be displayed above the gauge pod, just below, or in HID form on the windshield. Ok that's a lot to ask, but while we're asking ;-)
Having a heads-up display is definitely optimistic I'll give you that :p As the guys have suggested here, we can throw around the option of a center-vent mounted gauge but outside of that P3Cars has to look at what is feasible.

Registered
Very interested

Do we know what it will read from our ODB port ?

Registered
Interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
update needed!

Registered
Hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Member
interested!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts