SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was wondering what kind of interest there might be to do aftermarket BOV's, I'm looking to get something a little more atmospheric (not to mention I miss my duck call BOV, see below). I'm looking at sourcing a few T pipes to go on the hot side delivery pipe (post turbo, pre intercooler) some clamps and a small piece of silicone tube. Anyone else looking to do something like this? Are you more interested in something with a flange for a SSQV or something else?

·
Registered
9,114 Posts
Elevate just came out with a CBV partnered with Turbosmart. Kind of surprised an atmospheric dump option wasn't presented for those interested.

·
Super Moderator
9,305 Posts
I think I see yer problem - don't you have your duck call hooked up backwards? :facepalm:

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think I see yer problem - don't you have your duck call hooked up backwards? :facepalm:

:rolleyes:
That's what I thought, but the car it came off of had the pressure side on the open side. Otherwise it presses directly on the spring and causes leaks.

Anyways, the thought to have a t pipe made to fit hot side of the delivery pipe with a fitting to fit a 1 inch clamp on hose. Whichever bov people want can then be clamped on. Is this interesting to people?

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Anyways, the thought to have a t pipe made to fit hot side of the delivery pipe with a fitting to fit a 1 inch clamp on hose. Whichever bov people want can then be clamped on. Is this interesting to people?
interested

·
Registered
153 Posts
I am interested would you just do a block off blate at the stock cbv or run both the cbv and bov? does a bov damage the engine at all or cause cel's? saw a video on ipd's website where Lucky said our engines didn't like the bov's

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
FF has been running dual setup for ~ 1 year with no reported issues.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
FF has been running dual setup for ~ 1 year with no reported issues.
That's what I was thinking, plus, I'd pnly be doing this for the noise.

I took everything apart yesterday and re-measured hoses. I'm going to be contacting some suppliers to see if they can help us because this is too much for just a simple pipe (also the wrong size): Ebay.com T-Pipe

·
Registered
153 Posts
Any update on this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while cruising the V50

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
All parts have sources, I am in the proces of ordering them and building the kits and complete how to. Should be $20 - $25 plus shipping for everything minus the BOV itself.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Cool beans thanks for the effort!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Eta set yet? Would like to get this on before fall. Or do you have some teaser pics?

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sourcing of parts has fallen on its face. I would need to cource 100 at a time, and I'm not really to sure about getting rid of them after that. I was initially anticipating a run of around 20 to 40. On top of that, shipping costs would raise the price above what I wanted to ask, so I am currently looking at sourcing something in the states.

These problems along with a family death have left me with little time. I still want to make this happen, however, I really can't make any promises right now.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
sorry for your lost....take your time bro :p

1 - 18 of 18 Posts