SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be ordering an intercooler in the next day or two, and I wanted to ask if anyone has a recommendation on one or the other.

I know lots of people recommend the do88, but Snabb's intercooler is a newer design than their previous IC from what I understand. I'd like to be able to save that $80 or so, and if the Snabb is as good as it looks, I'd like to go with that one.

Does anyone have any feedback on the Snabb IC?

·
Registered
17,675 Posts
Do88.

Snabbs new one still doesn’t fit you’ll be cutting up the core support and fan relay fuse panel to make any upper bolts and screws even remotely go in the right place.

Do88s bolts in literally perfectly, all shrouds, guides, fan housing, wiring, evap plumbing goes back where it’s supposed to.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do88.

Snabbs new one still doesn’t fit you’ll be cutting up the core support and fan relay fuse panel to make any upper bolts and screws even remotely go in the right place.

Do88s bolts in literally perfectly, all shrouds, guides, fan housing, wiring, evap plumbing goes back where it’s supposed to.
Interesting. From what I've seen, the do88 requires spacers or another solution to mount the AC condenser. It doesn't require any further modification?

·
Registered
17,675 Posts
Interesting. From what I've seen, the do88 requires spacers or another solution to mount the AC condenser. It doesn't require any further modification?
That was not my experience when I put it in my s70. Tight but everything fit.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That was not my experience when I put it in my s70. Tight but everything fit.
Good deal, I'll have to hit up Nick at Re-Volv. He was offering a pretty good price on those.

·
Registered
1998 V70 T5 with factory m56h; 18t, Green injectors, 50% e85
2,457 Posts

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
560 Posts
Can't comment on Snabb's drop in IC, but the do88 is allright. It gets the job done. Install was not a breeze, but again, I got it done. I'm not super stoked with every detail of it. I did have to modify my fan relay panel with a Dremel a decent amount. The hose clamps for the silicone coupler between the IC and the top pipe barely have enough to hold onto. The bellowed silicone coupler needs to be longer. Also, I've had the hose/ clamp blow off at the turbo more than once. I have no idea why, user error maybe? I'm pretty sure it's lefty tighty on those Swedish hose clamps, so Idunno. ;)

You'll probably be fine on either one.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I ordered a do88 today from Re-Volv, should be here in the next few days hopefully. I'll let everyone know how it goes!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts