SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Volvo XC90 T6 R-Design with air suspension and B&W Sound system
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my quest to maximize power for my XC90 I have been contacting Heico. I was just informed that they now offer a FMIC (Front Mount Inter Cooler) upgrade for our vehicles! Please see link below for details.

https://www.heicosportiv.de/en/models/current-models/xc90/engine-technology/intercooler/produktdetail/4763

I was also able to verify that they have tested their engine tuning module with a Polestar equipped T6 XC90 and that it works! They are able to support up to 360HP similar to what the Polestar S60 does with our engine. The mid-range power curve is also improved from what they told me. Makes me consider getting a baseline dyno run and then adding these parts to see what we get. :cool:

George, can you get this through Viva Performance as a Heico dealer? Any Swedespeed discount? ;)

·
Registered
195 Posts
Usually, these sorts of aftermarket modifications, especially tunes, do not bode well for OEM warranties or extended warranties. Or is Volvo different?

·
Premium Member
3,673 Posts
Usually, these sorts of aftermarket modifications, especially tunes, do not bode well for OEM warranties or extended warranties. Or is Volvo different?
In the United States, they cannot void your warranty, without proving that the parts caused the damage.

So if you install this IC, and then have a problem with something in the transmission, you're still fine.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Warranty is impacted when the modification causes the issue per the Magnusson/Moss warranty act.

I am not concerned on that for my purposes. I also highly doubt an inter cooler would cause an issue. It’s a pretty basic product.

Heico is also a reputable company from what I have heard, I believe they are even supported by Volvo in Germany like Dinan is for BMW here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 Volvo V90CC T6
1,028 Posts
It is already available on the vivaperformance website if I remember correctly. I was browsing through yesterday and remember seeing it.

·
Registered
197 Posts
They did tell you that their tune added to P*T6 produces 360Hp??
This is with or without their ic???

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They did tell you that their tune added to P*T6 produces 360Hp??
This is with or without their ic???
This was with the intercooler and tune... the good news is that they added power in conjunction with the Polestar tune. :)

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
In my quest to maximize power for my XC90 I have been contacting Heico. I was just informed that they now offer a FMIC (Front Mount Inter Cooler) upgrade for our vehicles! Please see link below for details.

https://www.heicosportiv.de/en/models/current-models/xc90/engine-technology/intercooler/produktdetail/4763

I was also able to verify that they have tested their engine tuning module with a Polestar equipped T6 XC90 and that it works! They are able to support up to 360HP similar to what the Polestar S60 does with our engine. The mid-range power curve is also improved from what they told me. Makes me consider getting a baseline dyno run and then adding these parts to see what we get. :cool:

George, can you get this through Viva Performance as a Heico dealer? Any Swedespeed discount? ;)
David,

Yes we will be stocking these shortly! It’s a brand new product release from Heico Sportiv. They are also listed on our website:
https://www.vivaperformance.com/hei...grades-volvo-s60-v60-s90-v90-v90cc-xc60-xc90/

·
Registered
664 Posts
Beautiful craftsmanship! Those TIG welds look great. Looks to be a healthy inch thicker than the stocker.

I remember when I used to build cool stuff out of aluminum for cars (see attachment):
50723[/ATTACH]
28E2EEF1-FEC7-4F4E-AA83-8A9127079EF1.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
895 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What would be the cost to tune up to 360HP?
I saw the inter-cooler price
What about the Other tune up cost ?

You can check the Viva Performance website, they should have the Heico Engine Tune module listed there...

George, do you offer a Swedespeed discount for members?

·
Registered
42 Posts

I’ll get the intercooler soon, just waiting for the quote

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
42 Posts
Warranty is impacted when the modification causes the issue per the Magnusson/Moss warranty act.

I am not concerned on that for my purposes. I also highly doubt an inter cooler would cause an issue. It’s a pretty basic product.

Heico is also a reputable company from what I have heard, I believe they are even supported by Volvo in Germany like Dinan is for BMW here.

Will get it soon. Just waiting the quote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 20 of 25 Posts