SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What kicked this off was my rear wiper motor went out so I decided to remove it. Since it was not working and removing it makes the back hatch look quite a bit more clean I dove in.

With no rear wiper I now had an extra methanol line. Hmmmm what to do. The focus RS guys have IC sprayers. So.....

I purchased a few windshield sprayers for $5 and some hose and vacuum Tee's for another $4 and went at it. I need to aim the spray a bit but here is the result.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Really cool (literally)!

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
513 Posts
Nice. You running water/meth injection too?

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not yet. But I will. After the turbo swap.

FWIW putting this in was super easy. Remove fog light connect to the rear port on the front pump. If you have an S40 you can swap to the v50 pump by simply Clipping the thing in. It literally takes seconds and everything is accessable by removing the drivers side fog light.

·
Super Moderator
15,166 Posts
So everything was accessible without removing the bumper? Definitely going to do this today then, since I deleted the rear wiper long ago.

Heck, I already have extra sprayers, hoses, and vacuum Ts, what am I waiting for!?!

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, I'm having my spare block sleeved. But, the k16 is a bit on the small side.

Can we call the IC sprayer the QC6 mod?

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Fyi. Looks like the tank being full causes the fuid to flow out of the sprayers. We may need a vacuum breaker or an in line solenoid. :( so much for JUST $10.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I couldn't find a damn check valve that would work as a vacuum breaker in town. So, I had to order one from Cole-Parmar. I will also need to extend the line up above the tank and put in another Tee. That's another $5 spent :( Im now at $15.

However, I did top the tank off with 50% mix. The but dyno says there is a difference. It could just be a low humidity day.

·
Registered
388 Posts
It's a cool mod for sure, not sure how effective it will be as a real world application. Is this for a daily or track use or both?

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It's a cool mod for sure, not sure how effective it will be as a real world application. Is this for a daily or track use or both?
Both. But can you really go wrong for the price?

·
Registered
388 Posts
Depends, if it actually helps in cooling lol. You should add some squirters that shoot out the sides or behind, so if you're ever being chased you can make the cars behind you loose control and spin out like some James Bond car gadget :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hell my haldex differential oil leak is probably coating their windshield. Thats close enough right?

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ouch... I don't know if I can justify $15. :p
MNIWT: Did you order the Cole-Parmar check valve? I'm looking forward to seeing your install since you always do everything so clean. Here is what you need to do to make sure the tank does not siphon drain and leave a puddle in your garage :( Make sure the check valve is above the high fluid level.

·
Super Moderator
15,166 Posts
I have not done anything as of yet. Spent the weekend changing oil, flushing coolant, and getting distracted with the little imperfections. :p

Just some food for thought... But is there a check valve for the rear sprayer? Why not just route the hose higher than the reservoir before leading down to the sprayers?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts