SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
600x280x76mm intercooler

custom made inlet pipe

Dyno graph in 31 degrees Celsius ambient. Calculated flywheel figures.

·
Registered
501 Posts
What brand intercooler core did you use the R is a nice touch and looks great.

Also you're numbers seem really good at 325 whp 383 ft lbs for a dp and intercooler what other mods do you have?

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
What brand intercooler core did you use the R is a nice touch and looks great.

Also you're numbers seem really good at 325 whp 383 ft lbs for a dp and intercooler what other mods do you have?
He said they were calculated flywheel figures; i.e. not at the wheels. I have no idea why some dyno operators setup their dynos to report calculated flywheel numbers, since they have to guesstimate drive train losses in order to do so, rather than just simply reporting the actual at wheel figures.

Given that he apparently has an Autotech tune (http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?182422-3-quot-Turbo-back-no-cat-system), the numbers are a little low, but not too bad.

255.2kW = 342 HP at the flywheel, and assuming approx. 20% drivetrain loss that puts the at wheel horsepower at 273 whp, which is definitely on the low end of what I've seen for properly setup stage 2 Rs. It would be interesting to know what percentage the dyno operator is using for drive train losses to calculate the flywheel horsepower and torque.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Before this upgrade I got 207kw and 433nm on the front wheels at another dyno.

I have Elevate stage 1, 76mm exhaust system, BMC filter and Rkelly type air intake

I fitted the cheap Chinese core :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so what other small things can I do next to get more horses out of her? I still need to get a stage 2 map.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am very happy with the intercooler upgrade! It makes such a difference, even in 38dc weather it feels strong now!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts