SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone happen to have side by side shots of the underside of the back seats for an SR and a VR?

Erie has a nordkap VR back seat bottom w/boosters on eBay, tempted to see if I could adapt it to fit my 06 SR.....last ditch effort to try and keep my caR as kids are getting too big for it!

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
I don't have side-by-side shots, but having been in and owned both, the booster seats are very different from the SR backseats. I'll let someone else chime in, but I think it would take quite a bit of modification and eat up a good amount of rear leg room as well.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
The rear seat for a VR and SR will not interchange. Completely different. There is no adapting them. You will need to find S60 boosters. Or get a VR, easier to find boosters for that.

·
Super Moderator
8,734 Posts
If you need booster seats how can your kids be too big for an R?
Well, I think kids have to use boosters until they can drive the caR now, so maybe it's applicable :p

·
Registered
354 Posts
If you need booster seats how can your kids be too big for an R?
Most booster seats are enormous meaning they eat up tons of space in the back seat.

Martin - if you can't source boosters (you should call Erie - they have a lot of inventory not on eBay) - another less appealing option is to try the Diono Radian line of seats. They are a lot slimmer and sit a lot lower than most other car seat/booster seats so should fit.

·
Registered
7,614 Posts
If the kids are old enough for a backless booster like the V style, then they sell backless boosters that do the same thing. Basically all they do is put the shoulder belt in the right position, once the kids are 4'9" they don't need a booster anymore.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts