SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just checked the K&N site and searched under our car, didn't see anything new on the forum about this but it's showing up as being available as a typhoon intake, complete seperate from our drop in filter replacement. Check here

http://www.knfilters.com/search/appsearch.aspx

http://www.knfilters.com/searc...000TP Here's the part number for our vehicle and says it fits.... Part # 69-9000TP

If it takes you to the homepage just put in the info for the car and see for yourself! Maybe it says it's not availabe yet if you try to order it?

·
Registered
239 Posts
i checked it out.... it let me put it in a cart and go through the checkout steps.... too bad i don't have the extra money right now.

Someone tell me this is true, cause i've been waiting for this for a while.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Re: (Dygitalpmp)

If you look at the instruction sheet on the K&N website for installing the system it looks like it is in fact for our cars. Granted I am by no stretch of the imagination an expert, it sure seems promising. The question is how much power does it yield...

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd think you're fine, I should be the one to worry with my new fender vents and the exposed ECU if I decide to get it.

Anybody think the intake will make the dealers give us problems? I know the laws about can't cancel the warranty unless it's the direct cause of a problem- but that doesn't mean they can't be a pain in the butt because they don't like the intake or think it's ok.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Re: (jclaib)

Interesting how they only have it available for the 2004 through 2005 model year, not 2006. I am guessing that at the time of research they weren't sure if Volvo was going to change anything for 2006 and just didn't list it..? I hope so for my sake.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Re: (Marttimat)

Well that took forever. I have had this intake on my car since November with no troubles to report at all. Since I have zero time for anything, I have not had it dyno run. All I have is the impression that it makes a very noticeable difference. And you can hear the turbo much more, me being a dork, I like that.

I put my name in the hat for the testing of the F5air unit that volvos60t5x posted about as well. If I get the call we may be able to get some comparisons going.

AS far as the ECM goes, no problems. I don't think its any more or less exposed now than before. You can just see it now.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Re: (KMischief)

Quote, originally posted by KMischief »
Well that took forever. I have had this intake on my car since November with no troubles to report at all. Since I have zero time for anything, I have not had it dyno run. All I have is the impression that it makes a very noticeable difference. And you can hear the turbo much more, me being a dork, I like that.

I put my name in the hat for the testing of the F5air unit that volvos60t5x posted about as well. If I get the call we may be able to get some comparisons going.

AS far as the ECM goes, no problems. I don't think its any more or less exposed now than before. You can just see it now.

Do you have any pics of it installed that you could share?

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Re: (volvoNB)

I popped my hood tonight to look at what this air intake will entail. I noticed that if I put a cone filter in there, it will suck nothing but hot air. The plastic fan shroud close off all the cold air that would come in. The bottom of the car has the plastic splash cover. So the only place this filter can suck in air is from the engine or from the radiator. Maybe KMischief can post more pictures showing where cold air is being drawn.

G

·
Re: (volvoNB)

I am really concerned about this, too. When KMischief initially posted his pictures I did some poking around the engine bay and came to the same conclusions as volvoNB. That front section of the engine bay over there is routed upwards to through the hood into the battery cover. The stock setup has a cold air routed into it from the grill. I'm skeptical...but it still has drool factor!

·
Registered
957 Posts
Re: (vlv4life)

My turbo-diesel site people always made a big deal about hot air/cold air intake and finally someone did some instrumented testing. Once Your car starts moving over 10 mph there probably won't be 5 degrees F. difference.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.