SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got a CEL yesterday and read the code with VIDA today, turns out theres a leak in the intake system. Popped the hood, and tried to find where the leak was coming from, sounds like it's right above the intake manifold somewhere maybe a little closer to the passenger side. Anybody know right off what might be leaking or what to check in this area?

Also it doesn't help matters at all that I'm on a road trip right now and I'm stuck in Chicago until this gets fixed. And tomorrow is Sunday, so I'm assuming any shop is going to be closed. I need to be in Michigan for tomorrow night.. This is very maddening. If someone does know of someone in the Chicago area who will work on this on Sunday please let me know. I have some tools with me but I have no idea if this is something that just needs to be tightened or if my intake manifold gasket is bad or something dreadful like that.

Please help if you can.

PS my codes are ECM-216C and ECM-21EB

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Probably a simple fix.... check the hose clamp connections from the turbo to the OTE (over the engine) pipe and from the OTE pipe to the intercooler closest to the radiator, and then the connection under the intake to the Throttle Control Module. Your car has a plastic OTE pipe that us prone to cracks, so check it at the mounting bosses where it attaches to the front of the valve cover.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
if you can. check behind the R cover that covers the fuel rail. theres a hose in the middle of the intake manifold and i had a splice in mine making me have to replace it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was this ^ hose. I removed it not too long ago for a sea foam job so it may have weakened, I don't know. Hopefully I can replace it and be on my way.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
It was this ^ hose. I removed it not too long ago for a sea foam job so it may have weakened, I don't know. Hopefully I can replace it and be on my way.

i just went to advanced auto parts and got a piece of vacuum tubing and used that. working fine for me so far

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do you remember what size you got?

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
3/8

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So I got the new hose installed however, I am still sitting at about -12 psi during idle. It idles smooth again, and the hiss is gone. Is there still something wrong? A few thousand miles ago it was reading around -24 psi. I did a few pulls just now and the power is back. What's up?

·
Registered
8,055 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts