SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Considering making a batch of my home made intakes. Gauging interest here on the forums before I start printing.

This is a custom intake elbow, I will not be selling it with a mount or a filter - that would be up to you to procure. I run an AEM dryflow filter. Its mounted to the A/C compressor bracket bolt off of the transmission VIA a tab on the underside of the elbow.

The elbow is 3D printed from Nylon. The photo shown is on my V60RD, I have over 15,000 miles on it so far - both hot and cold testing. The tube has seen 115F ambient days in stop and go traffic as well as -30F cold starts.

The purpose of creating this was to come up with a cheap alternative to the wildly expensive options on the market. It will not require any modifications to the vehicle, it will not set any fault codes and will add a nice amount of intake noise to any 2011-2016 S60/V60/XC60 with a T6.

Price is still up in the air, really depends on the interest, likely under $100.

Shown in yellow below is a print I created recently as a test on my new printer. The parts I send out will not be yellow...

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
323 Posts
I'm in for that price lol

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
507 Posts
Can you make one for my 2015 v60 edrive? Maybe the one you're making would fit. Pm me if you're interested in trying it out. Im interested

·
Registered
119 Posts
Commented on your other post but I'm down too

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can you make one for my 2015 v60 edrive? Maybe the one you're making would fit. Pm me if you're interested in trying it out. Im interested
Looks like a different setup than the T6; airbox looks similar but the angle the pipe comes in at is different. Don't think this elbow will work for your application and unfortunately developing one requires the parts to do so and a vehicle for testing.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Can you make just a straight tube that is a few inches long that also has the maf sensor provision?
Im not super keen on selling something I haven't validated. If something happened to your car as a result I would feel awful. Also, contrary to what you might think, a fair bit of design does go into length/ MAF location / flange.

Do me a favor and send me a photo of the MAF sensor used on your car. Part number too, please. Assuming they're the same as on the T6, it shouldn't be a problem.

Filter used is an AEM 21- 203DK

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000N253HA?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
I already have the Snabb intake but an interesting idea for you to consider might be seeing if you could replicate the 500hp 3.0T P3 Polestar S60 concept car’s intake and how it’s routed. That would be a neat project. Sorry to threadjack, and thanks for providing some creative products for our platform.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I already have the Snabb intake but an interesting idea for you to consider might be seeing if you could replicate the 500hp 3.0T P3 Polestar S60 concept car’s intake and how it’s routed. That would be a neat project. Sorry to threadjack, and thanks for providing some creative products for our platform.
You mind sharing a photo of it? Cant seem to find anything.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nevermind.. found it.

This is why the off the shelf $500+ intakes bother me. Volvo is able to pump out 500hp from a factory airbox..

I'm not suggesting an intake is not beneficial ,only that it will not yield any measurable performance gains... in a fairly stock "low power" application. This airbox / filter element is actually a pretty decent unit.

In my opinion (based on a bit of objective data) the only real reason to put an intake on your Volvo T6 is to gain that sweet sweet recirc and spool noise. Pair it with a TDI box and you'll be spooling your way to and from work every day.

Fuel economy? Much worse... Cuz you'll be spooling up that turbo all the damn time.

https://images.app.goo.gl/qNpgudJiWeiyzmCz8

·
Registered
96 Posts
Did you ever fine tune your prototypes to something that can handle higher heat and are you selling these?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
423 Posts
I'm in!! hope there is enough interest!

·
Registered
293 Posts
+1 Sorry to add on. This would be interesting

·
Registered
173 Posts
Apols for asking but didn't you also share pictures of a version with aluminum inserts on both end to counter clamp compression forces? Or does this one include those and just an oversight in your post? Am interested but would like to clarify the construction.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Some news about the project?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts