SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay have owned my R for a little over a year now and its the best car i have owned. Now i have my alot of money into it and have gotten pretty good results from everything i did everything mostly IPD except for exhaust n dp because i was wanting to upgrade and they didnt have the product yet. But for the intake what do you guys use out there and what is the best to do, and best look you think.... i have just bought a brand new elevate intake but second guessing myself because have seen alot of pictures of people with the stock intake with the IPD Snorkel and said they have seen same results with more expensive intakes.....and helpers thank you guys for the help!!

some pics of the car
http://s1076.photobucket.com/albums/w446/ottawa19/
UPGRADES: EST Stage 3+ Package
Elevate Springs
IPD Upper and Lower Torque Mounts
IPD Sway Bars and IPD Endlinks
IPD Ignotion coils and literally everything performance they sell for the R besides tun dp n exhaust.

·
Registered
501 Posts
The R-kelly or snorkel to stock intake is proven to work, but for the "cool" factor look go for the AMS but folks complain it throws a CEL. I run a snorkel to K&N in a stock box and love it.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Tuned in for this. I am also looking at the elevate for that's a lot of $$$ if I can get similar for $200 less or so. Hell that's DP money ha

·
Registered
998 Posts
I did my 2xCAI last week - best damn upgrade I ever did.

·
Registered
367 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
No FMIC? I'd save the $$ and put it towards that.
Spring is here. Weather is cooling off here in Chicagoland. The fmic can wait a bit until I save. The air intake is the first upgrade for me. Followed by a TCV once I figure out exactly what it is. Lol. Than the custom exhaust chased by a DP than FMIC and a tune to tie it all together.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Spring is here. Weather is cooling off here in Chicagoland. The fmic can wait a bit until I save. The air intake is the first upgrade for me. Followed by a TCV once I figure out exactly what it is. Lol. Than the custom exhaust chased by a DP than FMIC and a tune to tie it all together.
I didn't know Chicago was in the Southern Hemisphere??? :p

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Okay well then i will have to put that Elevate AMS to work...too bad IPD still didnt make theirs. But i will put up some final pics of when it is complete

·
Registered
998 Posts
Got a write up for both? I'd be interested in that ...
I'll put in a writeup sometime this weekend if I find time. :rolleyes: It's not hard - the biggest b*tch I ran into was cutting the air box: the plastic was so hard I had to use a Dremel.

·
Registered
367 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts