SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son was driving my 2006 2.4 S40 that someone decided to drive a Jeep into the rear end at a stop sign...... He's ok thankfully..
Looks like its going to be totaled.... Since the body work will be more than the value. I think we will be able to get it back with a salvage title.. :(

But now I need to hunt down rear bumper cover etc.. / trunk lid etc.. Anyone know if i am limited to looking for just 2006 or can other years work??

The high mileage is bringing down the overall value..
Can any of the items bring the value up? I know the argument about normal maintenance but I was restoring the car to keep.
I have replaced over the past 2years
Alternator/ Battery/ Both front axles / Plugs/ timing belts & pulleys & water pump/ LCA / front brake pads and rotors.
I just bled the brakes last month myself and i have in the garage new struts and rear shocks. Some of the work was done by me and some by a shop.
Also tires are 1yr old. And i have paid for lifetime alignment...

What about parts not bolted on.. since I can't return them.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Yeah the bumpers are easy to find at junkyards. However unless you want to upgrade tail lights stick with the same body year pre 2008

But honestly if it were me, well what's the insurance giving you for totaling it out? Don't spend more than $500 repairing it. Take the cash and get a T5

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
I can't speak for all insurance companies or all claims adjusters... When my 2005 V50 T5 with 200K miles and in beautiful shape got totaled 3 years ago, I spoke to the claims adjuster about the work that I had recently done to the car. They asked that I provide receipts, which I did. They were able to get a little more money for me.

The body parts from 2004.5 thru 2007 should fit your 2006.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hehe I have Teens! so no to T5 lol.. I have my S80 T6 AWD ;)

Going hit the pull a part places for trunk and bumper cover.. let the body shop deal with the installation and the missing parts i can't find ;)

Talking with adjuster in the morning.. I will be sending over my receipts. Wife already said their first offer was to low to the adjuster.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
If you cant find everything at upullit, try ebay and dont hesitate to send them offers even if the option is not present.

·
Registered
2007 Volvo V50 T5 AWD M66
510 Posts
Hit up car-part.com they should have lots of parts close to you. When my V50 got rear-ended it ended up being about 7k in damage half of that was paint work.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Wife already said their first offer was to low to the adjuster.
Don't expect more than $3,000 from the insurance company, less $300 or $400 if you want to buy it back. All that work you did is just maintenance, not something to expect back. You might squeeze another hundred or two but don't bet on it.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
I was happy to get almost $3K for mine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts