SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well. We finally got our new 2019 xc60 R-Design back from the dealership (after replacing 2 new struts). Thought the issues were over until today. Noticed a black vertical line down the center of our instrument panel. After I turned off the car,and let
the panel shut down it went away back on startup. Anyone else seen or heard of this issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Well. We finally got our new 2019 xc60 R-Design back from the dealership (after replacing 2 new struts). Thought the issues were over until today. Noticed a black vertical line down the center of our instrument panel. After I turned off the car,and let
the panel shut down it went away back on startup. Anyone else seen or heard of this issue?

Could have been that part of the screen just turned off 1st, good news is they can replace it for free if its faulty

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
I noticed a vertical bar a day before the annual service reminder popped up. Very odd, but it's just a software glitch.

Sent from my F8131 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am very interested in this thread, as I had the same thing happen in my 2019 XC60 Inscription twice in the past month. The exact line locations were slightly different, but both of them were towards the left quarter of the tach dial. I want to say the first occurrence was slightly thinner by a few pixel columns, but both lines were less than 1/8 of an inch wide. The lines went away once I turned the car off and left it off long enough for the instrument panel to go 100% dark. I didn't have the chance to really look at it closely to see if they are dead pixels (i.e. truly black with no back light) vs. actively lit black pixels (i.e. a black line from the software).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am very interested in this thread, as I had the same thing happen in my 2019 XC60 Inscription twice in the past month. The exact line locations were slightly different, but both of them were towards the left quarter of the tach dial. I want to say the first occurrence was slightly thinner by a few pixel columns, but both lines were less than 1/8 of an inch wide. The lines went away once I turned the car off and left it off long enough for the instrument panel to go 100% dark. I didn't have the chance to really look at it closely to see if they are dead pixels (i.e. truly black with no back light) vs. actively lit black pixels (i.e. a black line from the software).
I’ll let you know. Starting to loose confidence in this car. Now the fracking volume adjustment is stuck on park assist and won’t let me adjust radio or music!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Rainwave, take your car in. if you can get noted. they dealer will need to track it and it's better you have them take a look and have it in their system saying you brought it in then out of warranty and you telling them it's been happening for a long time.

when you said they replaced two struts, are you talking about the trunk struts that are apart of a recall or the actual suspension (which they always replace in pairs)?

i've had a couple issues but nothing that was just some sort of glitch or hiccup. IE: sensus restarting, start/stop not working correctly (could have been temperature related).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rainwave, take your car in. if you can get noted. they dealer will need to track it and it's better you have them take a look and have it in their system saying you brought it in then out of warranty and you telling them it's been happening for a long time.

when you said they replaced two struts, are you talking about the trunk struts that are apart of a recall or the actual suspension (which they always replace in pairs)?

i've had a couple issues but nothing that was just some sort of glitch or hiccup. IE: sensus restarting, start/stop not working correctly (could have been temperature related).
Front suspension struts. Fixed the left one first,then the right one when the noise didn’t go away. I’ve put on 400 miles driving to the dealership and back. 600 miles total on the car so far. Dealership is 70 miles away. So If I keep on taking it back down to the dealership I will protest the lemon law.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts