SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any idea what might be causing the instrument panel to die? Every dial turns off - speedometer, mileage, fuel gauge etc.<P>It happens intermittently. The panel usually comes on again after a few miles, or after stopping and starting the engine.<P>It's happended on three separate days now and the problem happens several times during that day. It then seems to sort itself out. <P>It's just occured to me that this always seems to happen soon after a service (Main Dealer - 4 days ago). That might just be my perception.<P>The car is booked into a dealer for a look, but any advanced hints would be useful.<P>It's a 2001 T4.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I had loose connections when it happened to me. My trip computer reseted and my clock stopped. My dealer took these steps.<P>First they did some software downloads, but that wasn't the issu. Then they actually opened up my steering wheel, because the connectors are behind it. They found some of the connections loose. It took the dealer about a day to find the problem and fix it. It was covered by the warranty.<P>I hope this will help.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts