SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, we picked up a CPO XC60 yesterday and are loving it. One thing we noticed is that the digital instant readout is only in KM/H and we don't see a way to change it to MPH. I see in the manual it states that its meant for a speed conversion, but we found having the speed displayed digitally was handy on our A4 we traded in. Anyone know if there is any way to change it?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Sadly, no. You can convert your entire instrument cluster to metric (kmh speedo, km odo, km trip computer, L/100km fuel consumption, etc.) to get digital instantaneous speed display in mph. This is how XC60 are configured in Canada. Unfortunately, it's not really possible to get what you want without some hacking. I've never seen it done but perhaps XeMODeX knows how to do it. This is one of my biggest pet peeves about Volvo instruments.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah that's what I figured. I'm surprised you can't display it in the left gauge center as it's usually fairly empty. I like how it displays the cruise control speed when using that so I'm surprised they don't have it capable of just displaying speed. Not exactly a deal breaker, there's a lot we love about it!

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
can't you change your display to performance theme? it shows a huge digital speedometer.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmm, I don't think so? I see you have a '15.5 and I think they changed the dash in '14.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Press the end button on your left stalk. A menu should come up that says Themes. Press it again to enter the menu. Use the dial on the left stalk to scroll to Performance. Click the end button to select it. Gigantic digital speedo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah its different on the '13 dash. I called my wife who was still driving to work to confirm but it just says 'no vehicle messages' when you press it on the earlier years.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
oh, ok. I thought the change came in 2013.

I know what you mean though, after only a week of exploring sport mode with the performance theme's digital read out, I went back to economy theme and noticed I had to stare longer at the dial to get a proper reading.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Ah. 2013. Never mind. I think you're stuck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
oh, ok. I thought the change came in 2013.

I know what you mean though, after only a week of exploring sport mode with the performance theme's digital read out, I went back to economy theme and noticed I had to stare longer at the dial to get a proper reading.
Yeah you wouldn't think it would make a difference but it's nice when you get used to it. The gauges in ours are not super easy to read, it's like they need more contrast or something so it's not easy to see at a glance what your speed is.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts