SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The install seems pretty straight forward although I recently moved and no longer have a floor jack and jack stands. Should I buy some? Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Re: Installing the IPD Anti-Sway bar this weekend. Any tips or advice? (travist206)

It will be a ton easier if you have some stands and a jack. When I installed mine it was a huge pain (it was one of the defective ones) and the only way I could get it on was by using my jack to compress the spring while the car was on stands. Good luck! Definitely worth the hassle.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Re: Installing the IPD Anti-Sway bar this weekend. Any tips or advice? (travist206)

I did my last weekend. I found using a couple jack stands with a floor jack works great. The back end of the bar to the frame is easy. As AJ stated, you need to compress the bar ends to get the link bolts in and start the nut. I used a bottle jack to perform that task. I also installed the actual bar to the frame before trying to install the links bolts at the end of the bar.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Re: (travist206)

If you go up I-5 towards Bellingham from Seattle, once you get to Mount Vernon, you turn left towards Fidago Island, Anacortes is on Fidago Island at the north tip of the island. Its the only island in the San Juans that is connected by bridges. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
If your car is lowered then yeah.. you will need jack stands. I on the other hand did not use anything at all. I parked my car on a flat with a steep hill at the end. If you are small enough you should be able to work on it. You will need a friends to help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts