SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Five hours? Really?

The instructions say I have to keep the car running so the battery doesn't run down. Can I hook up a battery charger and install without running out of gas? Seems like that would be an option.

Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
90 Posts
Five hours? Really?

The instructions say I have to keep the car running so the battery doesn't run down. Can I hook up a battery charger and install without running out of gas? Seems like that would be an option.

Thanks,
Dave
5 hours of idle? That is an exceptionally long time (and I suppose that's normal). I live in an apartment complex, if I leave the keys in it with the car running, someone is going to take the car. LOL.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Once you start the update, you can let it update while you drive the car. Whenever you shut the engine off, the update will pause. You can also use the system (radio, media, phone, etc.) while updating. In my case, the total update took only about 3 hours (1.5 for DVD1, 1 for DVD2 and 20-30 min. for DVD3). At the end, you have to power off for at least 15 minutes. During the update, a message is displayed showing the progress for the current DVD. You can cancel out of the message to get full display back, the update keeps going.

·
Registered
780 Posts
For me, it took the whole of five hours (then again I have the European version)

·
Registered
780 Posts
It only updated the maps and POIs.
There's a different update for Sensus (3.0), though. I have yet to find out if that's free or not, if you request it, instead of having it at the regular maintenance check (which for me is in Nov. :( )

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm just wondering if it will install with a battery charger on the car instead of running it. Does the dealer keep it running the entire time he does the update?

Thanks
Dave

·
Registered
780 Posts
Problem is that the system automatically shuts down after 15min of shutting the engine off

·
Registered
92 Posts
The update is really not a big deal! Just feed the DVD's in and go about your business. It will update when you drive, pause when you stop driving.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Problem is that the system automatically shuts down after 15min of shutting the engine off
I was wondering about that. I guess it really doesn't matter. I can't find my battery charger. Oh well.

Dave

·
Registered
780 Posts
The update is really not a big deal! Just feed the DVD's in and go about your business. It will update when you drive, pause when you stop driving.
+1. Also did that.
However, it did take a week to update :p

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Even when in ignition mode I or II? I didn't see this in the owners manual. I realize the radio will turn off after 15 minutes in ignition mode 0 but will the system cancel out in mode I or II?

·
Registered
837 Posts
I don't suppose the update resulted in more street names???

·
Registered
217 Posts

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I don't think the number of street names shown is based on the map. All street names should be present in the data base. It's up to Sensus to show them. Hopefully Sensus 3.0 will show more..

·
Registered
329 Posts
Just finished mine this morning. The update finished and prompted me to eject the disc, which I did. It sat there for a while prompting me to eject the disc. I turned the car off and went inside. Once I returned, the issue went away. I assume the car needed to reboot.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts