SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I'm going to be installing a hitch on my S80 in the next week and I was wondering if anyone had any pointers before I get started. Directions from the retailer are pretty vague.

Does the rear bumper need to come off to access the frame rails for the carriage bolts?

I searched and didn't find much for hitch installations, which is maybe good because that means it's easy.

Thanks

·
Registered
11,927 Posts
Hello. I'm going to be installing a hitch on my S80 in the next week and I was wondering if anyone had any pointers before I get started. Directions from the retailer are pretty vague.

Does the rear bumper need to come off to access the frame rails for the carriage bolts?

I searched and didn't find much for hitch installations, which is maybe good because that means it's easy.

Thanks
The hitch you buy should come with instructions.

We got one from IPD for the XC70 and it was pretty simple to install. Hardest part was removing the bumper cover. Find a friend who can help.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The instructions the hitch comes with are garbage. But the oem instructions were a big help. Hitch was very simple. Only took about 45 mins.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts