SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'04 S60R. I'm trying to install a Recaro ProSport in the backseat behind the driver. It uses the 3-point LATCH system. I got the lower anchors hooked up, but the space between the top of the backseat and the headrest is so tight that I can't get the upper anchor strap through that area. Is there a trick to that? I saw in the owner's manual that the headrest can tilt forward, but they don't say how to accomplish that. I tried lifting up on it, pulling it foward, etc with substantial amounts of force and it didn't budge, so it seems like there must be some mechanism required. Is it easier/possible to get the anchor strap through that gap with the headrest tilted forward? It kinda seems like there's a flap or something that sticks down that would even prevent pushing anything through in that direction with the headrest upright. What did you guys do?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nevermind. I didn't know about the whole power tilt rear headrest thing. What an odd feature. With the headrest down, I can now easily get the top anchor through the gap.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
It's not really a headrest. It's a slap-your-guests in the head hammer. Much fun too.

·
Registered
491 Posts
It's not really a headrest. It's a slap-your-guests in the head hammer. Much fun too.
+1

It also works as a mute button for the those in the back who won't shut up! :D

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
You're supposed to yell "DECAPITATION!" when the rear occupants realize what you finally said, hit the button. Already confused as to why you said decapitation, they feel something hit their head and immediately assume that they're going to be decapitated. This causes mass panic for a fraction of a second and much enjoyment to the driver. :D

·
Registered
386 Posts
+1

It also works as a mute button for the those in the back who won't shut up! :D
I call it "the hand of god".....

Or when the kids are in the car "dont make me turn around again"....

Co workers wont let me drive to lunch (good) because they dont want to get smacked in the head.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Nevermind. I didn't know about the whole power tilt rear headrest thing. What an odd feature. With the headrest down, I can now easily get the top anchor through the gap.
Still around, I see. You shoulda PMd me. I've been through 4 kids in carseats.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
I call it "the hand of god".....

Or when the kids are in the car "dont make me turn around again"....

Co workers wont let me drive to lunch (good) because they dont want to get smacked in the head.
ROFL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts