SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spoke with my local Volvo dealer and they suggested 1hr for the cat-back and 2.5hrs for the DP. All in all it seems very reasonable to me.

I know they can do the cat back in less than 1 hr including the time to hoist it, lower it and put their tools away but no sense doing it myself when I have to get them to do the DP anyway.

This was all verbal and for the DP it was more of an educated estimate but could be +/- 1 hr. He said that since it's a brand new car it's likely not over 2.5 hrs. However, they went on to say that they need to see the new DP first and then give me a firm written quote (they also mentioned that the bolts are a bit tough to get at and unusually tough loosen even when new). I've read similar comments here but what has been the actual experience of other MY 06 S60R owners in terms of Volvo shop hours for this work?

LTA

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
Re: Installing DP and cat-back on MY06 - how much Volvo shop time? (LTA)

I've personally installed TME DP and TME Sports exhaust on my '04 S60R and the times you've been given are very reasonable IMO. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: (big2mo)

Quote, originally posted by big2mo »
I saw Svenske install a new DP in about 20 minutes.

Really? But you didn't say if it worked and didn't leak or fall off at the first speed bump

LTA

1 - 4 of 4 Posts