SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an 09 v50 2.4i and i picked up a new pipe and filter and maf sensor mount to make a short ram intake in place of the old box. when taking the box out i came to the realization that the ecu is connected to the stock airbox. is this upgrade even possible on my car? i was thinking off just keeping the ecu plugged in and protected and running the intake above it with the maf mounted to the new intake. will this cause problems and where do i go from here?

·
Registered
624 Posts
you need a bracket, not sure about the 2.4, but on my t5 i have the bracket screwed into the front of the enigne bay right past the intake cone

·
Registered
624 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
blacks402.5turbo, where did you get the silicone hose that goes from the intake to the turbo?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
appears to be samco

·
Registered
153 Posts
do you know where you can buy that?

·
Registered
915 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Why does it say intercooler hoses? I emailed viva too because i wanted to clarify and dustin at viva said they were intercooler hoses and had nothing to do with the intake. i suspect he has no idea what he is talking about because the second picture shows the hose connected to the intake pipe and top of turbo!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Why does it say intercooler hoses? I emailed viva too because i wanted to clarify and dustin at viva said they were intercooler hoses and had nothing to do with the intake. i suspect he has no idea what he is talking about because the second picture shows the hose connected to the intake pipe and top of turbo!
im rocking one as well on my intake... world of difference in the sound:thumbup:

·
Registered
624 Posts
Samco hose, my first mod an it was wel worth it, sounds great. It's on the viva site I believe it's orange on the site

·
Registered
624 Posts
It's just $95...

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
$95? Is it the entire elbow or is it just the connection to the stock elbow?

·
Registered
624 Posts
turbo to the intake pipe, i had just the samco pipe on first w the stock intake pipe and just a cone filter and it made a big difference in sound and i could def tell a better pick up on the butt dyno

1 - 14 of 14 Posts