SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today I came across a nice set of 07' headlights and went on to connect them via the original harness. It fit perfectly and it works is making a solid connection. Unfortunately the important lights don't work, high and low. The position and turn signal lights all work. I get a low beam failure warning on the dash, from what I read these should be plug and play. Minus a few software and wiring features I know, but they should be mostly functional no?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Umm... Was your car originally wired/setup for the Xenon lamps ?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
No the stock headlights were halogen, I just saw a lot of posts that other than missing software functions like leveling etc. That they should at least output light. Have you ever seen a thread specifically retrofitting the Xenons to first gens?

·
Registered
V70 02/2007 auxiliary heater with all start/stop options Billstein B12 kit Xc90 brakes abl retrofit
128 Posts
Compare the pinoutput in the connector of the halogen and xenon headlight. Are they different? Powersupply etc could be in a different position… beam failure is there because of:no xenon-software loaded to cem,missing hightadjustment components,wrong lighting switch installed

·
Registered
187 Posts
No the stock headlights were halogen, I just saw a lot of posts that other than missing software functions like leveling etc. That they should at least output light. Have you ever seen a thread specifically retrofitting the Xenons to first gens?
I don't recall seeing any threads because I mostly on the XC90 forum for the V8 related stuff as I have the S80 V8.

As others mentioned you gotta do the leg work on this yourself of comparing the components & wiring diagrams.

At this point you would better off with aftermarket kits if you really want the Bi-Xenons

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts