SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all,

I recently went ahead and installed a new Injen intake that I purchased from the classifieds section. All went well, shipping was fast and seller was a delight.

Received it at work on Friday, was eager to install, but after all was done I noticed that a little hose was left over.

It seems to connect to the intake manifold, and I have provided a couple of pictures for reference.

Buddy of mine says it might be the recert line?

Image of line in original position.

Image of line after tucking it, so it won't rattle.

Car info: 2007 V50 T5 AWD (Automatic Transmission)

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
My Snabb inlet pipe definitely has a connection for both of those vacuum lines (the one with the clip and the one you left dangling). Not sure if the one you left dangling is turbo-specific or not (I think it is), but maybe they have two models - one for turbos and one for the NA engine?

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
If I recall this one correctly (I can't remember exactly) it is connected to the compressor housing bypass.

If it connects there like I said - I would do one of two things:
Go to home depot and get a 1/4" NPT Male to 1/4" Hose barb and tap a 1/4" hole into the metal intake pipe and seal it off and thread in your NPT end, then reconnect the tube to the hose barb.
OR
Get a double ended hose-barb and put it in that hose and then get another hose and extend it to the filter then drill a hole in the rubber bottom of the filter equal to a smidgeon smaller than that of the hose and put the hose in there an inch or so.

Either way the air needs to be accounted for, as it is part of the expected airflow calculations from the MAF from an overboost condition.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts