SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed IPD's poly front subframe bushing inserts, and I'm blown away by the results. The install was super easy, took me less than an hour all said and done. I've never felt so much improvement from a single suspension upgrade before, and considering the cost of these, I can't believe I didn't do this sooner.

Turn in is absolutely IMMEDIATE now. Transitional delay is a thing of the past - now as soon as I turn the wheel, the car is in the next lane. My R finally feels like a sports car, not a sports sedan or grand tourer...and it "feels" like it dropped a couple hundred pounds in the process. There is less body roll and much more road feel through the steering wheel. As an added bonus, my rubbing issues are significantly reduced due to the extra rigidity. I didn't pick up any additional ride discomfort or vibration either.

This was the missing link in my now 100% polyurethane front end. Between these inserts, roll bars, poly control arm bushings, strut tower braces, and engine mounts, my R has been completely transformed.

Just thought I'd put my impressions out there for others to benefit from!

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Another dynamic aspect that is vastly improved is braking. I used to get a lot of darting and tugging at the wheel under hard braking, even to the extreme of wanting to get the car sideways under threshold levels. This is completely gone, the car stops straight and true every time, no longer do I have to have a tight grip on the steering wheel to prevent the car from wandering.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Nice write up. Im gonna order some of these.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I just installed IPD's poly front subframe bushing inserts, and I'm blown away by the results. The install was super easy, took me less than an hour all said and done. I've never felt so much improvement from a single suspension upgrade before, and considering the cost of these, I can't believe I didn't do this sooner.

Turn in is absolutely IMMEDIATE now. Transitional delay is a thing of the past - now as soon as I turn the wheel, the car is in the next lane. My R finally feels like a sports car, not a sports sedan or grand tourer...and it "feels" like it dropped a couple hundred pounds in the process. There is less body roll and much more road feel through the steering wheel. As an added bonus, my rubbing issues are significantly reduced due to the extra rigidity. I didn't pick up any additional ride discomfort or vibration either.

This was the missing link in my now 100% polyurethane front end. Between these inserts, roll bars, poly control arm bushings, strut tower braces, and engine mounts, my R has been completely transformed.

Got them on order. Did you get your poly control arm bushings from EurosportTuning?

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Do they effect ride quality at all?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
11,927 Posts
How difficult is the install?

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Did you buy new bolts too?

I wish iPD had two packages, one with bolts, one without.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Took me maybe an hour, with beer. Oh yeah, as Maxenar warned me about, ask IPD for an extra tube of the lube they send with them. 1 tube is not enough for some people, I made it work but 2 tubes would have made them so in like butter. Rubber mallet was essential for the install, and i hope you have strong thumbs :). I recommend new bolts as well.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Eibach Lowering Springs, IPD Track Sways, IPD HD Endlinks, IPD strut bar bushings, complete set top and bottom of Ultra Racing Braces, IPD Subframe bushing inserts, riding on Ferdral 595s = WOW!!! :D

·
Registered
635 Posts
Eibach Lowering Springs, IPD Track Sways, IPD HD Endlinks, IPD strut bar bushings, complete set top and bottom of Ultra Racing Braces, IPD Subframe bushing inserts, riding on Ferdral 595s = WOW!!! :D

how are those Federal 595's on the R? I get a pretty sweet deal on them here. I put them on the wife's C70 but it sold within about 2500 miles of putting them on.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
how are those Federal 595's on the R? I get a pretty sweet deal on them here. I put them on the wife's C70 but it sold within about 2500 miles of putting them on.
They are very sticky, yet only a A traction rating in the wet. Installed was 530.00 for the 595s. The handling is great as should be with a 240 UTQG rating but they will wear quickly. The sidewall is much better at handling cornering at the limit then the continental DWs. Though there are a little noisier. I purchased these for my 17s. My daily driver wheels and tires are the 18 pegs with Toyo Tourevos. I like them!

·
Registered
1,580 Posts

...so you're saying you didn't pick up any ride discomfort or vibration? Floor boards don't vibrate? A passenger would not notice any difference? COOL!!!

I know this is probably a pain in the ass request. But can you list the part numbers of all the bushings you replaced? I already have the UR strut tower brace and IPD track sways. I've been scared to go all poly because use this car to take my wife out on date night. And I don't want to blow that "once-a-week" shot. lol!

·
Registered
635 Posts
SS595 225/45/17's out the door for $383 :) Shouldn't be more than few bucks per tire for my 18's. I'm interested in noise and wet weather performance. I could care less if they're super sticky, it's not a track car.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
because use this car to take my wife out on date night. And I don't want to blow that "once-a-week" shot. lol!
^ LOL!!!!!!!! Ain't it the truth!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts