SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Installed IPD HD TCV! some questions

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  stone36 
#1 ·
I Replaced my supposedly damaged TCV. with the IPD HD TCV.

I installed it correctly but my question is. Is my gas milage suppose to go suffer ? I lose about 2MPG

Any Ideas?

#2 ·
I Replaced my supposedly damaged TCV. with the IPD HD TCV.

I installed it correctly but my question is. Is my gas milage suppose to go suffer ? I lose about 2MPG

Any Ideas?
I replaced my TCV with the IPD HD TCV because I was experiencing a bit of turbo lag, solved that ! In theory mileage shouldn't be effected but mine has gone down partly because I've been testing and enjoyng the new responsiveness of the turbo with the new TCV.

#3 ·
haha! it had mentioned a specific instruction after installing it.

which was test driving, ging half the boost, then cutting below 30mph. something like that. did you follow those instructions?

im a noob to turbo stuff. so...... idk if not following those instructions correctly could have done something

#4 ·
Yes, I did follow the instructions. Supposedly, the break-in sequence allows the ECU to learn the sequencing of the HD TCV which is different from the stock TCV that you replaced. But I have also heard from others that if you just drive for an hour or so in a "civilized" fashion i.e. no WOT boosting, the ECU will relearn the new pattern as well. The instructions are on the IPD website if you've lost them. Have you talked to the guys at IPD, they are really great with after sales support ! Good luck !

#5 ·
Power cycle the ECU by pulling fuse (I believe 21) in the fuse box in the engine compartment for 20min. Or disconnect the battery for approx 20min and let the ECU discharge. You'll enjoy a short lived performance boost as the ECU mapping returns to factory default. But adaptation will eventually normalize the mapping.

#7 ·
bringing back an old thread...

Will a failing TCV result in poor acceleration and an overall sluggish feel under normal driving conditions? I'm not talking about WOT or passing at speed, just normal off the line, 3rd car back from the red light driving.

My driveway is a very slight incline and if I pull in before the garage door is up and have to come to a complete stop, you have to push the pedal harder than you should to get a response to start going again, almost a surging feel.

I am thinking about getting the IPD HD TCV but I don't want to increase performance, just get back to what stock felt like a year or 2 ago...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.