SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine and a fellow swedespeeder, in exchange for helping him install a full TME exhaust yesterday (DP + Exhaust) has given me this beautiful piece of art. Installed it in about 30 minutes today and it really makes the interior look better. It looks OEM. I was really tired of my ghetto-pod from before.

Thanks again Darek!

Enjoy

·
Registered
507 Posts
Re: Installed a new pillar pod (tomedkaz)

Quote, originally posted by tomedkaz »
A friend of mine and a fellow swedespeeder, in exchange for helping him install a full TME exhaust yesterday (DP + Exhaust) has given me this beautiful piece of art. Installed it in about 30 minutes today and it really makes the interior look better. It looks OEM. I was really tired of my ghetto-pod from before.

Thanks again Darek!

Enjoy

Looks sweet! how did he get the carpet material to match so good?

·
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Installed a new pillar pod (donut1140)

Quote, originally posted by donut1140 »

Looks sweet! how did he get the carpet material to match so good?

Thanks.
I think he got it somewhere online. I'm sure he'll read it so i'll let him respond.
But yea, I really love it. It's definitely an OEM look

·
Registered
956 Posts
How much and where do I buy one...

Darek... are you making another one I will buy it from you lol this looks amazing and I am dying to get rid of my stupid ipd pod that doesnt stick right!

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Re: (marc91988)

http://********************/smile/emthup.gif
I am going to do something similar or rather almost exactly like that, I've got everything but the carpet right now...would like to how how you mounted it....how to get the A pillar off...etc...

·
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (pafox)

There were three L-shaped aluminum (or metal) brackets on the underside of the pod. The one side is pinned to the pod, and the bottom side with a hole is parallel to the pod. All I did was drilled holes in the pod for the screws and one bigger hole for the wires and the silicon hose and that's it.

To take the pillar off, all you have to do is pull it from the top towards the passenger side. Before you pull hard though, you have to make sure to unclip a strap that's holding the pillar attached to the metal...you'll figure it out once you do it

·
Registered
876 Posts
It looks good Tom. Thank you for your help with my DP + Exhaust.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Re: (tomedkaz)

Quote, originally posted by tomedkaz »

You owe your car a photoshoot
Ones I have it detailed, photo shoot will follow.

·
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: (n23)

Quote, originally posted by n23 »
Nice guage pod, but Wow! 192 miles and you haven't hit the block above half yet? How slow do you drive??

I don't think I've reset it when I filled up....
I get 18MPG average in city driving

·
Registered
98 Posts
Re: Installed a new pillar pod (tomedkaz)

http://********************/smile/emthup.gif http://********************/smile/emthup.gif That's pretty slick... I'm looking for a similar setup for my new boost guage.

Darek, where did you find the pod?

·
Registered
8,062 Posts
Can you get a shot of how it looks from the outside?

The look from outside the car is one reason I don't like light colored pillar pods. With my podless solution I like the stealthier look from the outside.

·
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: (StealthyS60R)

Quote, originally posted by StealthyS60R »
Can you get a shot of how it looks from the outside?

The look from outside the car is one reason I don't like light colored pillar pods. With my podless solution I like the stealthier look from the outside.

Sure I'll snap it when I get home.

But how's your look "stealthier"? I think an eye would be drawn mroe to black plastics/wires attached to the pillar rather than to a smooth-flowing and color-matched pod.... but yea I'll snap a pic

·
Registered
780 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Re: Installed a new pillar pod (sonerick)

Quote, originally posted by sonerick »
Darek, where did you find the pod?
I buy a pod from auto parts store (you have to make sure that it is big enough to fit your gauge after scribing). I scribe it to fit our A-pillar, install aluminum brackets and wrap it with fabric.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Re: Installed a new pillar pod (donut1140)

I used headlining cloth that I found here: http://www.yourautotrim.com/auhelgr.html
What I like about it is the fact that this material is very elastic, so you will be able to stretch one piece around the pod without putting in any seams. Here are few pictures of my setup.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.