SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an S60r 2006. I consider myself a novice at engine mod but i installed stereo's all through high school.. so i'm not afraid of taking basic things apart.

1st) i just bought the CF version front lower lip

http://www.vivaperformance.com/front...ler-s60r-v70r/

how hard will this install be?

2nd) i also bought the left vent gauge

http://www.vivaperformance.com/air-v...e-pod-s60-v70/

how is this install? has anyone installed this? where would you wire the gauge too?

If i feel uncomfortable about the installation i'll get a performance shop to do it, but if i can do it myself i'll do it.. i hate paying 90$ an hour on something i can do..

PS: I hope this is the right forum to post this in.. if not let me know so i can not be such a noob!! lol

·
Registered
416 Posts
That lower spoiler/lip should be quite straight forward, center it on the bumper get some self tapping screws (with some nuts) and find a wide washer and put about 6-8 of them evenly spaced and that should do it.

The boost gauge is fairly easy to do as well, I'd start in the bay and work your way to the inside of the car. Hopefully the kit came with the "T" to splice into the vacuum lines coming from the turbo to the intake manifold, insert the "T" on that line and start running the line off the "T" towards the rear of the bay, along the firewall and find a nice spot you can run it through the fender into the door area. From there you'll probalby need a "bone" tool to pop off the old vent through that cut out in the dash and use the fittings to hook up to the back side of the boost gauge. Run the electrical wiring to the fuse box on the left side of the dash to something that turns on when the key is in or to the dash lights if you want it to be able to dim from low to bright. Install the gauge into the new vent if it's not already and press the vent into the dash cut-out. From there you can tidy up any of the lines as you see fit.

That should get you through both installs just fine.

Maybe some people with the lip can post pictures here for you to see what kind of washers and how many screws they used to fasten it to the bumper.

Good luck you shouldn't have any problems with the install

P.S. Bpray (username) started the vent boost gauge if you have any questions maybe PM him and he will help out as well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Perfecto response thank you!! very helpful!! the Viva guys have been very helpful and quick to respond as well.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
The gauge pod is easy, installing a boost gauge is more difficult than the pod.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok yes, this is what i want to know about. i have the gauge. how do i make it a boost gauge. what more parts do i need to buy?

I was nervous that it was going to be a little more of a problem then just bolting on a lower lip spoiler.

so please as was done in the post above. which i am so grateful for ( Thank-you again!)

but please i am a novice at this i really need to know what I am n for getting this gauge to be a boost gauge!

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts