SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,740 Posts

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
The wire harness and connector wires will cost more than the unit.

·
Registered
8,740 Posts
you got that right. Each melbus cable is a minimum $90. if you have to get the prep cable that runs from back to front....oh boy get ready to bend over.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the URL... I was hoping it wasn't going to be a pain to install. I guess I just blew $200.

·
Registered
8,740 Posts
Thank you for the URL... I was hoping it wasn't going to be a pain to install. I guess I just blew $200.
too bad you aren't near me. There is an S80 here with probably $250 worth of melbus cables in the salvage yard.

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
you got that right. Each melbus cable is a minimum $90. if you have to get the prep cable that runs from back to front....oh boy get ready to bend over.
inteller, is there any way to verify if the car has prep cables? I have HU850, premium sound, dealer installed iPod cable that goes to left rear quarter panel...
I was thinking to add OEM GPS as well..

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
Papa_Kirlo, Below is the install link for V70 model. I've been told that there should be a prep cables. I am not 100% sure on this. I am currently deployed in Afganistan and will be working on the car when I get back. Please let me know what you encounter.

http://accessories.volvocars.com/Ac.../ShowIiDocument/VCC-156888-1/V70_(00-08)_2005
I decided to go different rad, picked up Garnin GPS and popup screen (OEM style) ... Thanks for the link though. Found another future project hehe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts