SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone tell me how, or send me a copy of instructions from vida, on how to replace the lower right engine mount, the one near the crank pulley? Mine has collapsed and is causing some really irritable vibration.

Thanks

·
Registered
796 Posts
it's pretty straight forward. gotta pull back the plastic panel and then it's just removing the bolts for old one, put in new one. Probably need to lift the motor slightly with a jack and 2x6 under the oil pan.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so no dropping of the subrame !? Volvo quoted me 300 to fix it because they said the subframe needed to be dropped a tad, and considering i only have two jacks with me at school that would have been impossible. But if thats the case then life is good

·
Premium Member
10,797 Posts
so no dropping of the subrame !? Volvo quoted me 300 to fix it because they said the subframe needed to be dropped a tad, and considering i only have two jacks with me at school that would have been impossible. But if thats the case then life is good
Where do you go to school?

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
vanderbilt university, its in nashville tennessee

·
Registered
796 Posts
I did it in my S70 which is nearly the same. I have the same mount waiting to be installed in the R and I checked it out, looks nearly the same as the S70. Don't know why they'd drop the subframe..

·
Registered
919 Posts
bumpin volvo is correct - this is a 1 hr job including everything. dealers often give such bad quotes its comical. you lower the subframe to replace the lower front and lower rear but NOT lower side. consumer reports stated that volvo owners (along with jag, land rover, nissan) were some of the most dissatisfied with their dealers.... for good reason

1 - 9 of 9 Posts