SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I purchased the mud flaps for my wife’s 2019 S60 from a local Volvo dealer thinking I could install them myself since it was pretty easy to do the same for my 2018 XC60 and also because the dealer wanted way too much Monday to do it. But it seems like the mud flaps for 2019 S60 are a whole different ballgame and I cannot find any video or instructions that could help!

Anybody here done the same? If so can you help me out with instructions?

Thanks.

·
Registered
59 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi there,

Any chance you made a copy of those instructions? The link has since gone bad. Not sure I want to take it on either, but I’d like to look.

Thanks

·
Registered
316 Posts

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Not sure how you'd fit the drill in there for the extra hole that needs to be drilled without removing the wheel....or you just ignored that part?

I found the install really easy, but i'm also pretty experienced working on cars.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yeah you definitely need to remove the wheels to do it right. I used that opportunity to clean and ceramic coat them...then watch them get covered in brake dust after the first drive.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Not sure how you'd fit the drill in there for the extra hole that needs to be drilled without removing the wheel....or you just ignored that part?

I found the install really easy, but i'm also pretty experienced working on cars.
Yep, the rears require drilling an extra hole in the wheel liner. Why it's not pre-drilled at the factory is a mystery...

·
Registered
316 Posts

I was lucky, all the holes were already there and matched the predrilled holes on the mudflaps. To drill the holes, I'd recommend using a right-angle drill head if would save removing the wheels. That said, if you still need to remove the wheel, please be sure to use a jack stand - do not rely solely on a jack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
I was lucky, all the holes were already there and matched the predrilled holes on the mudflaps. To drill the holes, I'd recommend using a right-angle drill head if would save removing the wheels. That said, if you still need to remove the wheel, please be sure to use a jack stand - do not rely solely on a jack.

Highly doubt it, most of the holes are there but you still need to add one hole per. The rear also requires a rivet, you were able to fit a rivet gun in there without removing the wheel?

·
Registered
2020 V60 Cross Country
702 Posts
Definitely need to remove the rears. The front is fine just turning the wheel. Keep in mind that you are only drilling through the felt/plastic.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Highly doubt it, most of the holes are there but you still need to add one hole per. The rear also requires a rivet, you were able to fit a rivet gun in there without removing the wheel?
Are you calling me a liar? THE HOLES WERE ALREADY THERE WITH PUSH-IN CLIPS. NO RIVETING OR DRILLING NECESSARY.

·
Registered
2020 V60 Cross Country
702 Posts
Are you calling me a liar? THE HOLES WERE ALREADY THERE WITH PUSH-IN CLIPS. NO RIVETING OR DRILLING NECESSARY.

So you didn't use the two rivets? There is no place for a clip to attach there.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
I just did this install on my dad's 2019 S60 T6 Inscription. I had to drill and rivet both the front and rear flaps. The rears I had to remove the rear tires because there was no way to drill the holes for the rivet.

Sent from my Samsung S9+

·
Registered
2020 V60 Cross Country
702 Posts
I just did this install on my dad's 2019 S60 T6 Inscription. I had to drill and rivet both the front and rear flaps. The rears I had to remove the rear tires because there was no way to drill the holes for the rivet.

Sent from my Samsung S9+
The only way I could think of otherwise might be to drill from the back but the rivet gun you can only do from inside. I did mine the same way you did.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 V60 Cross Country
702 Posts
please be sure to use a jack stand - do not rely solely on a jack.

Nothing to do with the mud flaps, but I would love to know where you put a jack stand. I wasn't able to find anything that looked even remotely safe.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Jackstands can be a pain to get in place with a car that has specific jacking points, if you jack it up with a jack...where do you put the jackstand then?? Modern cars are pretty stiff chassis, so I have been able to jack up high enough by the front point on a side to get the stand under the rear point. But you gotta figure out how to fit the jack point like the Volvo is not a pinch weld which is what my current jackstands were designed for. I got a Tesla pad for my jack that fits the hole in the Volvo jack point. Maybe there is a good jackstand solution, I haven't needed to solve that problem yet.

My personal rule is jack only is ok if you aren't getting under the car. Just what I am comfortable with for risk level. I do use a floor jack though, the tire changing jack you have to be careful if the car can roll a bit it could fall off they aren't very stable.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Easiest place for the jack-stands after jacking it up is generally wherever the suspension mounts, it's gonna be beefy there, lower control arm ish area etc.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts