SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to figure out how to get access to the back of the grill to tighten the grill badge.

Are there any shortcuts or removable panels to help with this-without breaking anything?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Re: Install VCOA grill badge help (bethmedillustrator)

as far as I know, you need to drop the front bumper cover to take that grill off. That in itself isn't that hard to do actually.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Re: Install VCOA grill badge help (KiotCloudkicker)

Quote, originally posted by KiotCloudkicker »
Ipd's video shows how to remove the grille:
http://www.ipdusa.com/Volvo-S6...4329/
Even though it's an R pictured there, in the video they're working on a non-R vehicle, the "nose" is shorter.
I'm not sure this process works on the R front end.

Can anyone confirm?

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Re: Install VCOA grill badge help (-Pascal)

I just use a hose hook tool Snap-On A1710 and pop it out from the front. It works for me. No need to drop any bumper covers.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Re: Install VCOA grill badge help (Oceans60R)

Crap! That's an awesome approach.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Re: Install VCOA grill badge help (T5 for Life)

Dropping the bumper cover is not a bad approach either and is quite simple itself. Maybe 5-10 minutes. Of course I have dropped MANY.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Re: Install VCOA grill badge help (-Pascal)

Quote, originally posted by -Pascal »

Even though it's an R pictured there, in the video they're working on a non-R vehicle, the "nose" is shorter.
I'm not sure this process works on the R front end.

Can anyone confirm?

The R has 4 top clips, and 4 parallel bottom clips, not the 4 + 3 that they claim in the video. Getting to the bottom ones can really bang up your hand, even if you have assistance from a bone tool. The plastic "air dam" which goes around the hollow of the grille makes it difficult to access the bottom. And as always, be careful when bending a bumper.

The top 4 clips are seemingly identical as shown in the video.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Re: Install VCOA grill badge help (bethmedillustrator)

Great video. I do not remember the R nose being that flexible with just the top fasteners removed. I used a teflon spatula like the one shown below and it popped right out.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Install VCOA grill badge help (xman03)

Ok, revisiting this:
The nose seems flexible in the video, but mine is pretty snug. There's horn, hoses, and stuff in there keeping my hand from getting behind the grill to attach badge. How much "give" do I have?

Otherwise the tape idea is starting to sound good.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.