SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to estimate labor costs for some future mods. Can anyone give me an idea of the hours involved? Debating what will be done in the driveway... or if I can save by holding off and installing several items at once.<p>-Swaybars<br>-Springs (undecided)<br>-Spring Seats<br>-End Links<br>-DP<p>Individual and combine estimates appreciated. I know the sways and springs would require a recalibration/alignment, but am just interested in the install times.<p>Also, I'm nearing 75k for mileage. Should I replace the shocks if I do springs?

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
Re: Install times for mods (imageomega)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>imageomega</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Trying to estimate labor costs for some future mods. Can anyone give me an idea of the hours involved? Debating what will be done in the driveway... or if I can save by holding off and installing several items at once.<p>-Swaybars<br>-Springs (undecided)<br>-Spring Seats<br>-End Links<br>-DP<p>Individual and combine estimates appreciated. I know the sways and springs would require a recalibration/alignment, but am just interested in the install times.<p>Also, I'm nearing 75k for mileage. Should I replace the shocks if I do springs? </TD></TR></TABLE><p>Sways, back maybe 1.5 to 2 hrs on jack stands in driveway you have to kind of finesse it in place which can be easy or very difficult, front, no way I would even try, the sub frame needs to be dropped a bit.<p>Springs, fronts are struts of course , 1.5 hr, maybe a little more spring seats get replaced at same time no additional labor, backs, can be a PIA MIKA on the S60 forum did a really nice write up on this, I would say 2+ hours but I had a hell of a time getting the suspension back together and it took me twice that. This will make more sense if you look at Mika's write up<p>End links, very easy, 15 to 30 min each<p>DP can't tell you I had my mech did it for me<p>These are all shade tree mechanic times, a compentant mech could do it quicker

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Re: Install times for mods (jstro)

DP can be changed easily yourself I did mine on ramps the only real concern is not breaking the bolts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts